Human Resources Officer, Technology and Analytics P4 - Rome, Italy
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The HR Technology and Analytic Branch - HRMOI reports to the Deputy HR Division Director and is responsible for on-going support to critical HR operational processes through the appropriate provision and application of information, processes and enabling technologies. It is also responsible for the developing of the HR Division Technology strategy and roadmap that will support integrated talent management processes, enable full visibility into our global workforce by deploying a technology solution that integrates people processes, data and intelligence from corporate and satellite systems and databases, and will provide workforce analytics and tools to support evidence-based decision making across people-related processes (in particular workforce planning, recruitment, reassignment and deployment to emergencies).
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The Branch consists of three teams:
(1) HR Technology
(2) HR Systems Administration and Support
(3) HR Reporting & Analytics.
Under the supervision of the Chief HRMOI, the HR Officer (Team Leader) be responsible for the following key duties:
- Act as Deputy of Chief HRMOI in the management of the Branch
- Perform the Special Advisory Role in the HR Technology road map design and implementation to ensure alignment between HR and IT technology strategy is met
- Partner with HR Policy, HR Contract and HR Global Services Chiefs in the analysis of revised/new HR policies and procedure to determine their impact on the HR Management Information Systems;
- Lead the preparation of business requirements for changes/enhancements of the HR systems to ensure they are reflective of legislation and support WFP effectively.
- Prepare complex system changes business requirements
- Coordinate and supervise the HRMOI staff/team performing activities related to implementation of technology solutions to support HR business processes and programs, in partnership with HR customers, IT specialists and other UN agencies.
- Partner with relevant counterparts in Finance, Budget and Administration and provide operational input to ensure cross functional processes and systems are in place and functioning as required;
- Act as Senior Process Expert for HR training manual preparation and delivery
- Maintain relationships with and provide operational support to third party bodies, including Social Security, Insurance, Pension Fund, Credit Union, and other to;
- Act as HR representative in the SAP Special Interest Group (SAP SIG) yearly meeting and regular conference calls to ensure WFP specifics needs are included in the UN common functional business requirements for any SAP/ERP/NPO solution enahancement and development
- Be the focal point for HR stakeholders both in HQ and field for business processes and system changes
- Manage feedback from HR stakeholders and business need escalation
- Oversee compliant HR Master data integrity; identifying trends/potential issues, presenting recommendations and influencing HR management to tackle complex problems.
- Lead and motivate a team of HR staff, monitoring performance, providing coaching, training and guidance to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance
- Participate in the implementation of HR projects as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced university degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Information Technology, Human Resources Management, Business Administration or relevant field or first university degree with additional years of related work experience or training/courses.
- At least eight years of postgraduate professional experience in corporate HR information systems implementation, administration and support
- Experience in conducting complex business and data analyses and preparing complex business requirements for system development, in performing testing and system deployment;
- Experience in designing and optimising business processes and using modelling tools;
- Experience managing and leading others to meet project deadlines and milestones;
- Strong track record of delivering results in a complex environment
- A successful track record of implementing change efforts in a global organization with widely decentralized workforce; ·
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge and exposure to corporate information systems based on SAP especially SAP HR (Personnel Administration, Organizational Management & Time Management);
- Training courses in one or more of the following disciplines: human resources management and information technology;
- Excellent knowledge of HR business processes, practices and procedures.
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative and ability to leverage analytical skills in excel
- Autonomy in decision-making and determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments
- Strong project and time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements, problems and obstacles and an ability to juggle competing priorities successfully, and to work on tight deadlines
- Ability to produce high-quality written materials, including graphically-based PowerPoint presentations as well as text documents
- Ability to distil qualitative insights from complex data
- Ability to interact with senior management with maturity and tact
- Ability to flex to a variety of communication and management styles
- Attention to details and strong coordinating skills
- Ability to work with ambiguity and build consensus across diverse and global teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and problem solving skills and the ability to work well under
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate a team.
- Fluency in oral and written English with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance. For more details please visit icsc.un.org
Mobility is and continues to be a core contractual requirement in WFP. This position is however classified as “non-rotational” which means the incumbent shall not be subject to the regular reassignment process unless the position is reclassified as rotational.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
22 February 2018
To apply follow the link: