Corporate Partnership Assistant
Washington D.C. (United States of America)
Job title: Corporate Partnership Assistant
Department: Corporate Partnerships
Based in: Washington, DC
Up to 5% international and domestic travel
Reports to the Deputy Director, Corporate Partnerships
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
The Corporate Partnerships team harnesses the power of the private sector to fuel sustainable global health solutions by prioritizing high ROI opportunities and matching them to the best partners. We partner with leading companies like P&G, Pfizer, Unilever and Vodafone supporting programs operating in more than 30 PSI countries.
We seek a Partnership Assistant to support the Corporate Partnerships team to expand existing and secure new partnership opportunities. Immersed deeply in the worlds of corporate social responsibility, global health, and international development, you will perform a vital role to the team through administrative duties such as pipeline research and outreach, scheduling, database management, budget coordination, and ad hoc partnership support. The Assistant should be as comfortable and confident speaking with Fortune 100 companies as ordering catering for meetings, cold calling to schedule meetings with clients and stepping in to help relationship managers with projects. The Assistant understands that their role is vital to meeting deadlines, completing projects on time, and the overall success of the Corporate Partnerships team.
Sound like you? Read on.
YOU WILL…be doing something different every day!
Some examples include:
Research and Outreach
- Research, analyze, compile, and manage potential partners and connector pipeline. Schedule appointments with clients, create meeting brief materials, ensure delivery and receipt of pre-disposition materials, capture notes from meetings, and ensure adequate follow-up.
Data and Deliverables
- Support team with record keeping, data management, and project deliverables. For example, take notes during meetings and compile those notes into project memos, collect and input data in Salesforce, review and format project deliverables and written reports.
Meeting, Event, and Travel Coordination
- Coordinate meetings and provide logistical support, including venue selection, scheduling, catering, room set-up, and tear-down. Make travel arrangements, including flights, lodging, and transport.
- Track team expenses, manage invoices, and consultant and vendor set-up. Lead monthly updates to assess budget and notify team leaders immediately if budget abnormalities arise.
- Organize internal team meetings and prepare itineraries. Proactively review current news and alert team to partnership opportunities, trends, or red flags. Provide administrative support to Senior Director and Corporate Partnership Team as needed.
What are we looking for?
Education: BA in Communications, Business, International Relations, or related field preferred.
Tech Savvy: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database management (Salesforce preferred).
Experience : You've had exposure to a fast-paced office environment.
Business Savvy: Interest and understanding of corporate social responsibility, public/private partnerships, and international health communications.
Communication: Effective communication skills, both verbal and written. You're great about proactively reaching out to others to offer your support. And you're a people person – able to hold your own in conversations with partners and prospects.
Language: English required; French or Spanish a plus
Analytical: Well organized, critical thinker who enjoys tackling problems, creating and following processes, and has a knack for financial analysis.
Initiative: You are proactive - you see a need and you meet it. You're bold. You stay positive when faced with challenges, manage your time effectively, and communicate with your team efficiently.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
- Organization: PSI - Population Services International
- Location: Washington D.C. (United States of America)
- Grade: Level not specified
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Public, Private Partnership
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-03-11