Procurement and Administrative Assistant
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Through the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP) in Bangkok and a number of country and multi-country offices as well as programme presences across the region, UN Women builds on a long history of support to governments, civil society and other actors to promote gender equality and empower all women and girls. We stand behind women’s equal participation in all aspects of life, focusing on five priority areas: addressing gender perspectives in intergovernmental processes; women’s political participation and leadership; enhancing women’s economic empowerment; ending violence against women and girls; and promoting women’s participation in peace and security and humanitarian action.
Under the overall guidance of the Procurement Specialist in Headquarters and the daily supervision of the Regional Operations Manager and the Procurement Associate, the Procurement & Administrative Assistant supports the execution of transparent and efficient procurement services and processes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. She/he also works in collaboration with programme and operations staff to successfully deliver procurement services
Duties and Responsibilities
Implement procurement strategies in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies
- Research and draft responses to enquiries for clearance by the Operations Manager;
- Provide inputs to the implementation of procurement management policies and strategies on cost saving and reduction;
- Implement procurement management policies and strategies;
- Contribute to the development of sourcing strategies.
Coordinate procurement processes for the Regional Office and its Project Offices
- Provide inputs to the preparation of procurement plans for programmes/projects;
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and projects equipment, supplies and services, as necessary;
- Prepare Request for Quotations (RFQ), Invitation to Bids (ITBs) or Request for Proposals (RFPs) documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, as necessary;
- Perform Buyer role in Atlas, prepare/close Purchase Orders (POs) and contracts in and outside Atlas;
- Organize travel including purchase of tickets, Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) calculation;
- Prepare submissions to the Procurement Review Committee (PRC), as necessary.
- Support the rollout of the e-procurement as per the rollout plan.
Coordinate contract management processes for the Regional Office and its Project offices
- Provide administrative support to contract management processes; maintain databases;
- Develop and update the rosters of suppliers;
- Maintain filing system.
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Participate in trainings for the operations/projects staff;
- Provide support to the synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices.
Provision of Administrative and logistical supports
- Submission of documents to UNDP for VAT exempt certificate submission to MOFA, review and follow up pending VAT exempt certificates.
- Support to staff travel in the Operations Team including Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents.
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Support to office space arrangement, floor plan, and relevant purchase of office furniture
- Support to assets management and physical assets verification
- Support to maintenance of premises and common services, office insurances and management of document storage
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to lease agreements of ROAP and Project Offices and related maintenance and insurance, and relevant reporting to HQ
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Knowledge of procurement processes, systems, administrative rules and regulations;
- Knowledge in the use of spreadsheets and database packages;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Good IT and web based management skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Specialized training in Procurement; or a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration or related field is an asset;
- Procurement Certification from an internationally recognized provider such as CIPS (level 2) is an asset;
- Willingness to take UN Women internal procurement certifications is required.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, administration or related experience;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc);
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems, such as Atlas is an asset;
- Work experience in the UN system is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Thai is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
Remark: This position is open for Thai national only.