SharePoint System Administrator & Developer
UNDP Bangladesh is supporting the Government to find innovative solutions to its development challenges. A key investment by the Country Office in support of its development objectives is a common SharePoint-based internal information and knowledge sharing platform. This common Intranet will bring together all UNDP Bangladesh personnel in the Country Office and projects into a common space and improve the efficiency of business processes through custom applications for key operational and other processes.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of ICT and guidance from Operations Manager the SharePoint Systems Administrator & Developer will work closely with UNDP country office ICT unit and provides technical support services to the UNDP Bangladesh SharePoint platform as wel as Head Quarter’s Sharepoint. She/he works in close collaboration with UNDP Country office, Projects and UNDP HQs staff to provide SharePoint-based solutions to business needs and provide technical and advisory support services for UNDP Bangladesh public website maintenance. It is incumbent for the SC to ensure the stability of the SharePoint ecosystem.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
Under the overall guidance from Had ICT and advices from the Operations Manager, SharePoint Systems Administrator & Developer will be responsible for all aspects of the SharePoint Systems, business applications maintenance and technical supports to public website of UNDP Bangladesh:
- Business systems analysis, design, development and implementation of a moderate/complex systems, Develops detailed system and other functional specifications and user documentation for major systems.
- Maintains upgrades or enhances existing user systems, advising on the use of new techniques, monitoring transactions to measure performance and continued effectiveness of assigned systems, etc.
- SharePoint 2010 Server and SQL Database 2008 Server Configuration and Administration.
- SharePoint 2010 application and workflow development using the Nintex Workflow tool
- Other customized application development using SharePoint Designer 2010, Visual Studio, and InfoPath 2010 as appropriate.
- Provide input to business processes re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new systems with innovative ideas to automate business processes.
- Creation of dashboards and other reporting interfaces to query and display data aggregated from a variety of sources.
- Regular training of different categories of end users (focal points, IT Specialists, average users) in basic and advanced functionality.
- On-demand workspace creation for clients. Set up SharePoint lists, libraries and workflows based on stakeholder requirements. SharePoint server and other back-end maintenance support and upgrades.
- Provide technical support services in creation of sites/microsites for UNDP Bangladesh Country Office and projects on Adobe CQ5.
- Support compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the Project / CO technology environment.
- Maintain the SharePoint 2010 Server and related database servers. Undertake regular Database backup. Troubleshoot and resolve SharePoint Server based issues.
- Install, manage and support on other UNDP applications like- Cost Recovery System, Payment Advice Delivery System and Assets Management System.
- Develops necessary training materials and conduct training to increase ICT usage capacities of existing staff members. SharePoint Helpdesk services and user outreach and technical support.
- Contribute in disaster recovery plans, work with ICT team to develop and finalize SOP for ICT operations.
- Researches, analyses and evaluates new technologies and makes recommendations for their deployment.
- Provide technical support to migrate the existing system to the HQ cloud platform.
- Any other functions, responsibilities or portfolio which may be assigned by the UNDP management. The Staff Member should be expected to be linked and contribute to the work of UNDP in all practice areas; and, as appropriate in UNDP, may be assigned to other practice or sub-practice portfolios.
Impact of Results:
- The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency of the Country Office including improved business results and client services. Forward-looking web management – both internal and external - has an impact on the organization of office management, knowledge sharing, and information provision.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards (human rights, peace,
- Understanding between people and nations, tolerance, integrity, respect, and impartiality;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Experience in software project management including business systems analysis, design, development and implementation of a moderate/complex systems, Develops detailed system and other functional specifications and user documentation for major systems.
- Experience in planning, installing and configuring SharePoint 2010/2013, expertise in SharePoint architecture design including Web Applications, Site Collections, Content Databases, Service Applications, Alternate Access Mappings etc.
- Experience in maintenance and upgrade or enhances existing user systems, advising on the use of new techniques, monitoring transactions to measure performance and continued effectiveness of assigned systems, etc.
- Expert knowledge of IIS 7 (or above) and authentication, SSL certificates, experience with SharePoint backup solutions using SharePoint PowerShell, SQL Server, and STSADM. Proficient in SharePoint Designer capabilities specifically workflows, master pages, and page layouts. Strong knowledge of SharePoint Calendar, list, and library settings. Strong knowledge of filters forms and views.
- Proficient experience with Enterprise Columns, Content Types, Content Type Hub, Managed Metadata, and information architecture.
- Strong knowledge of SharePoint access authorization including permission levels, groups, and user profiles
- Experience with SharePoint 2010 Enterprise Search services, crawler configuration, and scopes
- Experience with configuration of ULS logging settings, Health Analyzer rules and Web Analytics Usage reporting. Advanced trouble shooting skills utilizing correlation id*s
- Experience with SQL Server 2008 R2 Ent, Windows Server 2008 R2 Ent.
- Business Intelligence Tools such as Performance Point, and Excel Services a strong plus
- Practical experience of SharePoint 2010 farm and all accompanied custom applications migration to SharePoint 2013/2016 cloud platform.
- SharePoint Development using InfoPath 2010/2013, SharePoint Designer 2010/2013 and Nintex Workflow 2010/2013 Ent, visual studio and other related technologies and tools
- Experience with third party Solutions Implementation to on-premises SharePoint Platform
- Experience on website creation, web content management, training and support on Adobe CQ5
- Ability to provide infrastructure support, IT applications support, web design and maintenance
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Ability to develop systems for structuring, codifying and providing access to information and knowledge
- Shares knowledge and experience and provides helpful advice to others in the office
- Sound Knowledge about the UN system and the Donor Systems and requirements
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Roles of SharePoint Systems Administrator & Developer will be overseen by Head of ICT Unit of UNDP country office. This position is based in country office and UNDP shall provide office space other necessary logistic supports to the employed personnel.
Required Skills and Experience
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a reputed University
- The individual is required to have a proven 5 years track record of successfully building, maintaining and administering complex corporate SharePoint Farm.
- A proven records of work experience on SharePoint Application Development on SharePoint 2010 enterprise edition using Microsoft Visual Studio, SharePoint Designer, InfoPath. Experiences on web design, management and upgrades, system analysis, documentation, knowledge of database packages and content management systems
- A proven records of work experience on complex workflow development using Nintex Workflow 2010 and integration to SharePoint Application.
- Practical migration experience of SharePoint 2010 farm and all accompanied custom applications to SharePoint 2013/2016
- A proven records of work experience on SharePoint 2010 including farm implementation planning, architecture design, installing and configuring SharePoint for a large corporate system. Experience on SharePoint security system, enterprise search service configuration, troubleshooting and PowerShell commands, SharePoint data backup and restore, Microsoft SQL Server and Window Server Administration.
- Fluency in Bengali and English