VN 2018/43 (P) - Information Management Officer (P2) - Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso)
Position Title Information Management Officer
Duty Station :Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso Classification Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 28 February 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and, in coordination with the relevant Programme Managers and Units at the Regional Office (RO) in Dakar. The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of information management activities in Burkina Faso.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Oversee the Information Management (IM) Unit including output, workload distribution among staff, implementation and supervision of information management related activities and supporting other units in ensuring information management needs are met. 2. Liaise with relevant units and the RO on the development of a coherent strategy for mobility tracking, flow monitoring and other relevant population data collection management operations. 3. Implement, monitor and produce reports on the information collection aspects of migrant assistance related activities including but not limited to general public, internal and donor reports. Ensure that adequate information is collected, analyzed and reported. 4. Establish and supervise field assessments with multi-layered data collection techniques in order to gather timely information regarding displacement, population mobility, movement flows, Page 1 / 4and any other sources of data required.
5. Responsible for the production of all required reports and information management products; including analytical, statistical, monitoring and donor reports, displacement profiles, maps and other relevant products.
6. Support the implementation of Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) related projects and programmes.
7. Monitor, propose, and implement necessary modifications to the information management systems and infrastructure in accordance with IOM policies, standards and best practices to promote high performance, reliability and information security.
8. Supervise the Information Management staff, prepare and organize appropriate trainings for data collection teams on issues related to IM operations including methods and procedures. 9. Develop and conduct trainings for relevant stakeholders for the implementation of programme activities, as required.
10. Support IOM Burkina Faso on necessary Information Management operations and technical aspects.
11. Implement information dissemination tools and operational frameworks for data collection and sharing among key stakeholders.
12. Work closely with the United Nations (UN) agencies, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and other stakeholders on matters related to IM and participate in meetings and events where these programmes are being discussed.
13. Undertake duty travel, in line with prevailing security restrictions, relating to project assessments, liaison with counterparts, and project implementation, as required. 15. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Information Management Systems, Geoinformatics, Data Management, Social Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in humanitarian emergencies;
• Experience in the development and implementation of the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM);
• Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis, visualization, mapping, document designing;
• Experience working in the region on similar activities;
• Experience in writing technical requirement documents, translating/planning specifications to technical briefs for data capture/analysis and compiling diverse datasets; • Experience in the management of data collection operations using Open Data Kit (ODK) or other mobile data;
• Advanced skill and experience on data management and knowledge of GIS; • Advanced use of excel and/or access.
Page 2 / 4Languages
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 28 February 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
Page 3 / 4Posting period:
From 15.02.2018 to 28.02.2018
Requisition: VN 2018/43 (P) - Information Management Officer (P2) - Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso (55365787) Released
Posting: Posting NC55365798 (55365798) Released
Page 4 / 4