Consultancy: Senior Web Project Manager, 11.5 months, UNICEF Division of Communication, NYHQ
New York City (United States of America)
The Digital Strategy Section (DSS) seeks to hire a Senior Web Project Manager to plan, coordinate, produce and execute the rollout of websites and functionalities of the new Drupal web platform. This includes coordinating project participants from vendors to DOC managers and other stakeholders and providing project tracking, co-ordination and reporting.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope
The Digital Strategy Section (DSS) within the Division of Communication (DOC) comprises Web, Social Media and Multimedia teams working together to create compelling public-facing content and to provide digital services within the organization. Through multiple platforms and in multiple languages, DSS draws attention to the many facets of UNICEF’s work, encouraging public support, participation and action, as well as ensuring greater transparency and accountability.
Web stories, blog entries, photo essays, Facebook posts, Twitter campaigns, and videos for distribution via UNICEF.org, YouTube, news media and other outlets and platforms – all are a part of our digital storytelling. By measuring and testing our efforts, we also use data to inform content and engagement choices.
DSS seeks to hire a Senior Web Project Manager to plan, coordinate, produce and execute the rollout of websites and functionalities of the new Drupal web platform. This includes coordinating project participants from vendors to DOC managers and other stakeholders and providing project tracking, co-ordination and reporting.
How can you make a difference?
- Manage the progress of the rollout of the transition from the legacy CMS platform to new global web platform, including the design and development of global, regional and country office websites and implementation of the global Web CMS.
- Collect and coordinate project requirements, goals, dependencies and resources, co-ordinate the implementation of project plans to ensure adequate resources are appropriately provided.
Maintain project documentation, monitor and report project progress against plans and conduct risk analysis and mitigation when necessary.
This will involve:
- Act as the project focal point for all activities related to the rollout of the new web platform
- Liaise between vendors and UNICEF project team on project planning and execution
- Co-ordinate logistics of meetings with vendors, documenting outcomes and agreements and action points; establish tools and processes for project and resource management for the project team.
- Co-ordinate with other project managers and project owners to maintain and update Digital Strategy project master list
- Coordinate reviews with stakeholders
- Co-ordinate the development of prototypes and testing models, as required
- Present, answer questions, and provide documentation to vendors and stakeholders
- Support training of Digital Strategy team on effective use of new methodologies and processes for web project management
- Advise project owners on new technology industry standards, best practices and benchmarks based on expertise and available business intelligence;
- Work on UNICEF NYHQ premises, may be asked to work on weekends and to travel
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
- Advanced university degree in communication, web development, new media, development, international communications and/or related, extensive training and experience in digital communications and project management, or an undergraduate degree plus at least 2 years of demonstrated professional experience in the field of project management.
- A minimum of eight years of project management experience working on website or software development projects
- Experience working with Drupal as web content management system
- Degree or certification in Project Management a plus
- Experience working on enterprise-level web projects with localisation and multiple users and groups
- Experience working with various project management methodologies
- Experience working with content management a plus
- Must have strong people skills and be a good diplomatic communicator
- Must be very well organized and detail oriented
- Experience with work in a non-profit organization a plus
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.