Washington D.C. (United States of America)
Job title: Finance Manager
Department: Malaria, Child Survival & Sanitation Department
Based in Washington DC
Up to 10% international travel. Reports to the Deputy Director, Finance & Administration.
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI and its local affiliates manage malaria control programs in 32 countries and are world leaders in malaria control implementation delivering 42 million treated mosquito nets and almost 19 million treatments for confirmed malaria cases in 2016. More specifically, PSI supports national Ministries of Health to deliver improved malaria case management through public sector channels in partnership with the global fund and is working with a number of other donors to harness the private sector to deliver quality assured diagnosis and treatment of fever. Complimenting these service delivery programs with improved integrated reporting across all channels using DHIS II, today PSI supports countries that need it, to deliver a holistic malaria control program.
We are looking for a Finance Manager to support a multi-country, multi-million-dollar USAID malaria service delivery program to support service delivery across public, private and community channels, and shaping the future of malaria case management in at least 17 countries.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Provide timely, accurate, user friendly analysis to monitor financial performance against programmatic objectives, to support the Deputy Director and Project Director in the management of contractual performance
- Support the production of timely and quality financial reports for client;
- Develop and review budgets for USAID Mission buy-ins
- Review and prepare budgets for contract modifications
- Provides day-to-day support to project team and client, including assisting with field-office requests and adherence to prime contract
- Oversees financial aspects of the project's contract by reviewing monthly invoices to ensure accuracy and compliance with contract provisions.
- Responsible for tracking contract expenditures against budget and total obligated funds.
- Manages reforecasting for subcontractor costs using subcontractor pipelines;
Travel to field offices or remotely conduct reviews to obtain reasonable assurance of project compliance with PSI, USAID, and Federal policies and procedures
Conducts field visits, including conducting training, conducting or responding to audits, providing input to work planning, and performing other operational tasks.
Ensure that appropriate audit and compliance improvements and recommendations are implemented on a timely basis, working with PSI's Finance teams as appropriate
Ensure that sub-contractual payments are appropriately supported and reconciled prior to recording.
Other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in finance, MBA, CPA or equivalent;
- A minimum of 4 years of USAID contract management experience
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Solid understanding of Federal Acquisition Rules and Regulations
- Experience living or working in developing countries preferred.
- French speaker strongly preferred.
- References will be required.
- PSI is unable to consider work visa sponsorship for this position
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
- Organization: PSI - Population Services International
- Location: Washington D.C. (United States of America)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Banking and Finance
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-03-16