Medical Officer for All Areas (to Establish Roster for All Areas)
North Lebanon Area (Lebanon)
UNITED NATIONS RELIEF AND WORKS AGENCY
FOR PALESTINE REFUGEES IN THE NEAR EAST
UNRWA is a United Nations agency established by the General Assembly in 1949 and is mandated to provide assistance and protection to a population of some 5 million registered Palestine refugees. Its mission is to help Palestine refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, West Bank and the Gaza Strip to achieve their full potential in human development, pending a just solution to their plight. UNRWA's services encompass education, health care, relief and social services, camp infrastructure and improvement, microfinance and emergency assistance. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions. For its local team, UNRWA is seeking to employ a qualified:
Medical Officer for All Areas (To Establish Roster for All Areas)
Vacancy Announcement Number
Fixed Term Appointment
Contract Duration •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
3 years including 1 year of probation
Monthly Salary JD 1,264.400 Fils. Plus SOA 15% of basic salary, Other benefits include Provident Fund contribution (15% of basic salary paid by the Agency) and medical insurance. Dependency benefits are subject to eligibility.
Issue Date••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••••
19 February 2018
Deadline for Applications•••••••
04 March 2018
Place in the Organisation
The incumbent of this post is responsible to Head Health Centre (A) or (B), as applicable.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
In accordance with Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent:
• Provides general outpatient services and other special services, including maternal and child health, control of non-communicable diseases as well as for hospital referrals;
• Participates in on-the-job and in-service training of other staff in accordance with the approved plans;
• Replaces other Medical Officers during their absence, in the same or other health centres, as required;
• Performs such other duties as may be required.
• A medical degree from a recognized university including an internship of at least twelve-month duration;
• A valid governmental license to practice medicine in the country of duty station.
• At least four years of satisfactory professional working experience.
Good command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
• Ability to work under pressure and cope with heavy workload;
• Good organizational and planning skills;
• Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively deal with patients;
• Ability to lead a team and work as a team member;
• Proficiency in standard Agency computer applications.
••••• Post-graduate degree or diploma in public health, family health or other related discipline.
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, the concerned Director may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your Personal History Profile is accurate, candidates shortlisted for test or interview will only be contacted by e-mail. No follow up phone calls will be made.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, testing, interviewing, etc). The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.
UNRWA encourages applications from qualified and experienced women.
UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.•
This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. As an Area post, preference will be given to local candidates already based in the duty station of the post.
UNRWA is a United Nations organization whose staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of integrity, neutrality and impartiality. This includes respect for human rights, for diversity, and for non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. UNRWA staff are expected to uphold these values at all times, both at work and outside. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. UNRWA is a non- smoking work environment.
The Agency reserves the right not to make an appointment, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
On appointment, all individuals will be asked to sign a self attestation, confirming that they have not committed, been convicted of, or prosecuted for, any criminal offence and that they have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of international human rights law or international humanitarian law.
Date of issue: 19 February 2018
- Organization: UNRWA - United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees
- Location: North Lebanon Area (Lebanon)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Medical Practitioners
- Public Health and Health Service
- Closing Date: 2018-03-04