ICT Assistant (National Position), Kirkuk (Re-advertisement) - Iraq
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC has been operating in Iraq since 2010, to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by ongoing conflict in the region. NRC has a country office in Erbil, KR-I, and area offices in Baghdad, Dohuk, Kirkuk and Nineveh.
NRC’s national program strategy for 2018 will facilitate a shift from emergency response tools towards longer term initiatives, while maintaining the effective delivery of robust emergency response. In 2018, NRC Iraq will maintain a sectoral focus on education, Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and livelihoods interventions, complemented by post-emergency WASH and shelter interventions with a two pronged approach within CCCM: both in-camp, and in urban and peri-urban areas. Cash-based and innovative programming will be at the centre of NRC Iraq’s efforts. NRC will prioritize assistance to those who have been left outside of social assistance schemes and recovery and reconstruction efforts, which will have prevented them from seeking durable solutions.
In 2018, NRC’s target population will be new underserved communities and locations, with a focus on IDPs returning to destroyed and disrupted communities unable to reintegrate due to insecurity. NRC will also prioritise serving vulnerable IDPs unable to return for reasons outside of their control, and responding to short-term displacement as a result of localized conflict and asymmetric attacks.
The purpose of the ICT Assistant position is day to day support the development and implementation of IT standards and policies, and provide technology support and solutions to meet the needs of the office. ICT Assistant is responsible for providing technical support to ensure good functioning of ICT systems in the NRC Kirkuk office and Guest Houses. ICT Assistant will be reporting to Support Coordinator. The ICT assistant will be based in Kirkuk Area Office.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
A university graduate in relevant fields with minimum (2) two years’ experience from working as an ICT in a humanitarian/recovery context. Ideally, the candidate should be able to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. S/he should be able to meet deadlines. Fluency in spoken and written in English and local language is a must. Knowledge of humanitarian principles and code of conduct is essential.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure NRC all users abide to global NRC ICT policies and procedures.
- Participate in the procurement processes of ICT equipment; by provided specifications and technical advice.
- Identify ICT solutions by defining, designing, developing, testing, and installing software, hardware and network projects to ensure effective and secure ICT systems.
- Support the migration to Office 365 and ensure all Kirkuk staff adopt the new system and are updated in case of new version/functions are issued by Head Office (HO).
- Analysis of problems, finding and delivering permanent solutions to problems, pro-actively troubleshooting and providing durable solutions to re-current problems.
- Updating ICT Inventory monthly and submit to Support Coordinator.
- Liaising with ICT Team at Country Office for getting advise as and when needed.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Previous experience in IT work with networks, Windows server
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
The post will be for (9) nine-months duration with possibility of extension subject to funds.
Salary: 4/1 according to NRC-Iraq's salary scale.
Benefits: Health insurance.
Duty Station: Kirkuk Area office
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
For more information, please find attached the job description