EXTERNAL EVALUATION NRC’s Accelerated Education Pilot Project in CAR
Bangui (Central African Republic)
A call for expression of interest
NRC calls for expressions of interest for conducting an external evaluation of its pilot accelerated education project in Central Africa Republic (CAR). The pilot project has been conducted during the school year 2016-2017, providing accelerated education for over-aged and out-of-school children to be reintegrated into the formal school system at the third grade. The overall objective of the project is to give a second chance to children out-of-school system as a result of the crisis that had squeezed the country.
Purpose of the Evaluation
The main purpose is to evaluate the quality and results of the Accelerated Education pilot program in order to inform the way further to develop and roll out AE program in CAR. The results of this evaluation will be shared with national education authorities’ other stakeholders as well as NRC’s education programmes globally. Finally, the evaluation report will also be shared with donors.
NRC is looking for a consultant, covering the following qualifications:
Minimum 5 years of experience in evaluation or equivalent in M&E expertise, in particular evaluating education, partnerships and advocacy work.. Other skills/experience include:
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English is required of all team members.
- Prior experience in Central African Republic/Central Africa is helpful.
- Experience of designing qualitative data collection methods, strong analysis and conducting evaluations in a humanitarian setting
- Good communication, team building and people skills
- Experience working with international organizations
Expressions of interest should include a proposed budget for the evaluation, covering consultancy fees, international travel, per diem, insurances, communication and deliverables.
Desk review and drafting of inception report should be planned for 2 April – 21 April. Review and approbation of the inception report should be planned for 21 April – 2 May. Field visits should be planned for 3 May – 22 May. Final report deadline is 30 June 2018.
Letter of interest must include:
- Description of approach (maximum 4 pages) and team composition
- Proposed evaluation budget
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Cover Letter
- Samples of past evaluations
Deadline for expression of interest:
Forward expressions of interest to Nsengiyumva Innocent at email@example.com by 10th March 2015. The final decision on the candidate will be taken by 23 March 2018.