| || |
| || |
| || |
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the ICT Associate, the ICT Support Assistant provides ICT and administrative support services to the ICT unit, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The ICT Support Assistant promotes a client-oriented approach.
The ICT Support Assistant works in close collaboration with the Front Office, Management Support and Business Development, Programme and Operations teams.
| || |
Duties and Responsibilities
| || |
Supports implementation of ICT management systems and strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the Country Office (CO) technology environment;
- Support to the use of Atlas (UNDP’s implementation of ERP) functionality for improved business results and improved client services;
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Provision of inputs to preparation of results-oriented work plans
Ensures effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Performance of specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs;
- Assistance in the installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades
Assistance in upgrading patch and anti-virus programs on a timely basis;
- Monitoring of file server traffic, usage and performance on a frequent and regular basis;
- Support to users in backing up and restoring their files, as well as in virus detection, removal and prevention.
Supports networks administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assistance in trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems;
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network access;
- Assistance in backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance of backup logs. Assistance to organization of off-site storage of backups.
Provides administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of software and hardware;
- Maintenance of a library of ICT related reference materials;
- Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Procurement Unit;
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Extraction of data from various sources;
- Research and retrieval of l data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports as required;
- Provision of ICT support to key events.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation and assistance in the organization of training for the CO staff on ICT issues;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency of the Country Office including improved business results and client services. Forward-looking ICT management has an impact on the organization of office management, knowledge sharing, and information provision.
| || |
| || |
Building Strategic Partnerships: Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives.
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise: Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Identifies new and better approaches to work processes and incorporates same in own work;
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
Promoting Organizational Change and Development: Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions.
Strategic Alignment of Management Practice (HQ & RSCs): Collecting information, identifying best practice
- Gathers information on best practices in the relevant management practice in his/her area of responsibility.
Design and Implementation of Management Systems: Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems.
Client Orientation: Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines.
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management: Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
| || |
Required Skills and Experience
| || |
- Secondary education with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months;
- UN/UNDP Experience is an added advantage.
- 5 years of relevant working experience, including network administration, support to management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, Network administration, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications, Web designing & programming,
- Fluency in English language.
| || |
| || |
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.