WEE ENTREPRENEURSHIP ADVISOR
CARE has taken on a transformational agenda and we need great talent to join us!
CARE’s strategy for Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE)focuses on four interrelated and key pathways to economic empowerment, based on a combination of women’s core economic roles as producers, workers, entrepreneurs, and consumers, CARE’s decade-long experience, and where we expect to have the most impact:
- Financial inclusion
- Women and value chain
- Dignified work
CARE is seeking a WEE/Entrepreneurship Advisor who will lead and take forward the work on entrepreneurship in CARE. This role is critical to CARE’s success and will directly support CARE’s ambitions on Women’s Economic Empowerment. The person in this role will work closely with the other leads on key pathways to economic empowerment (financial inclusion, women and value chains and dignified work) to ensure consistency, coordination and synergies across teams.
The WEE/Entrepreneurship Advisor will facilitate the design and understanding of good entrepreneurship programmes/projects within CARE amongst country offices and members. S/he will identify good practices and develop tools that are easy for the country offices to use provide technical advice to CARE Norway, and other supported programmes/projects to strengthen women’s economic empowerment and entrepreneurship.
The person in this role must possess a good understanding and experience of emerging trends, learning and accountability within women’s economic empowerment and especially entrepreneurship. S/he is expected to remain engaged with external actors who lead in this field. This is an individual contributor role and will not directly manage other staff. However, s/he will work independently and must be highly skilled in creating change, improvements and building capacity through effective collaboration with colleagues of different backgrounds and cultures.
- Strategy and Programme quality to provide thought leadership on entrepreneurship in CARE
- Influence change in practice internally through networking and communications
- Influence change in policy and practice through external communications and advocacy
- Enable Fund-raising and resource mobilization for Entrepreneurship
- Strengthen and develop the WEE/Entrepreneurship component
- Team membership
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant field
- Master’s degree in relevant area or 5 years of practical expertise preferred
- 6 years of experience working on a variety of international development and humanitarian settings
- Proven experience developing and managing entrepreneurship programmes/projects
- Experience with gender in development/humanitarian response
- Familiarity with donor thinking on entrepreneurship and women’s economic empowerment
- Experience of writing funding proposals to institutional donors
- A good grasp of contemporary issues and debates around entrepreneurship and economic empowerment
- Excellent knowledge of entrepreneurship in low and middle-income countries
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas simply in writing and verbally
- Must possess the ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Fluency in French desired
To apply for this position, please visit our website at http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CAREUSA&cws=1&rid=4147
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.