IT Assistant East (National Contract)
IT Assistant East - (National Contract)
Şanlıurfa and Kilis - Turkey
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the Job
The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more immediate objectives focusing both on the immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long-term focus on social cohesion and resilience building. DRC works with beneficiary communities and individuals to prevent and reduce protection threats, and build resilience.
The IT Assistant’s main responsibility is to provide IT support to DRC Şanlıurfa Office and Kilis Office as per DRC and donor regulations and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
The IT Assistant East will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Strong initiative and self-motivation, able to work with limited technical supervision;
- Commitment to teamwork;
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others;
- Ability to multitask and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines;
- Identify priority activities and assignments; adjust priorities as required;
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
- University degree in the relevant field
- Demonstrated skills in PC troubleshooting, software and hardware support, networking, data backup,
- Good knowledge on DHCP and VPN
- Experience on server 2008 or 2012
- Good communication skills in English and Turkish, able to offer telephone support
- Experience in setting up and running an IT helpdesk offering remote support.
- Provide IT assistance, and hardware and software troubleshooting to staff
- Connecting staff’ computers to the Office Network.
- Installing Internet connection and follow-up with the maintenance of the network
- Configuring network/programs/equipment (laptops, desktops, printers, scanners, tablets etc..)
- Assist with procurement and implementation of new servers, technology, etc.
- Troubleshooting network connection issues
- Monitor printers, copiers etc.. to make sure they are working properly and getting regular maintenance.
- Covering East offices (Şanlıurfa and Kilis)
- Any other duties related to the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor
To be successful in this role, you must have University degree or higher education in the relevant field
- At least 2 years of experience in the capacity of IT support and / or network installation and maintenance.
- At least 2 years of experience in IT and database management systems (MySQL, MS ACCESS and MSSQL)
Experience working in the NGO sector
- Team Player
Strong interpersonal skills. In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 9 months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 21 March 2018 and be willing and able to work in Şanlıurfa and Kilis.
We offer a fair compensation package depending on your qualification and experiences as well as additional allowances such as relocation allowance and living allowances, if applicable. DRC Turkey is income tax exempted.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 12.03.2018. Due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will be done on the rolling basis and DRC reserves the right to recruit before the deadline.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact HR Team at email@example.com.
Please note that applications sent directly to HR Team will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo