Coordinator, Digital Marketing
Washington D.C. (United States of America) | United States
Coordinator, Digital Marketing
External Relations & Communications
Based in Washington, DC
Reports to the Manager, External Relations and Communications
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSIers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI's External Relations & Communications department positions PSI as a thought-leader and development NGO of the future. We nurture strategic relationships with donors and partners, support internal and in-country teams with external relations and raise unrestricted funds for PSI. We work hard and laugh a lot together.
We are looking for a digital coordinator to help us plan and execute PSI's corporate and digital strategy to amplify the organization's reach, expand PSI's audience, deepen the engagement with donors and decision-makers, and raise unrestricted funding. The digital coordinator will also be responsible for consulting with external technical and regional teams at PSI Headquarter offices to execute digital tasks assigned.
Sound like you? Read on.
The digital coordinator position will support ERC with all of its digital marketing needs. That includes but is not limited to, the following:
Hourly breakdown per week (up to 40 hours)
Social media (15 hours approx.)
Graphic design (5 hours approx.)
Web maintenance and optimization (15 hours approx.)
Analytics (5 hours approx.)
The digital coordinator will support ERC with all of its digital marketing needs. That includes but is not limited to, the following:
Social Media (15 hours approx.)
- Create social media dissemination strategy for each blog post and publication;
- Maintain a social media calendar;
- Engage with PSI's target audiences;
- Monitor and update social media accounts (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook);
- Adapt to changing social media trends and recommend best practices;
- Create ad campaigns on Twitter and Facebook increase to reach of PSI content and acquire leads;
- Work with social media listening platform to create and maintain list of social media influencers, as well as engage and schedule content upon approval.
Graphic Design (5 hours approx.)
- Ability to work with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, as well as Canva to create PSI branded social media graphics to increase engagement;
- Create imagery for blog posts and web pages.
Web Maintenance and Optimization (5 hours approx.)
- Knowledge of HTML, WordPress and awareness of other content management systems;
- Process web page update requests from other departments;
- Upload content to the blog and optimize using alt tags, keywords, headlines, etc.;
- Assist PSI with website wide updating process; update 207 total webpages to complete by the end of April;
- Use digital media software, Meltwater, to collect and disseminate PSI news mentions and post them on the website.
Blog (10 hours approx.)
- Assist blog manager with overseeing blog editorial calendar;
- Source content and provide guidance to authors;
- Manage content editing and approval process.
Analytics (5 hours approx.)
- Provide ERC with monthly and quarterly reports on: blog traffic, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Knowledge of HTML, WordPress and awareness of other content management systems
- A bachelor's degree and at least 2-4 years of experience working online
- Excellent grasp of evolving social media landscape (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) and other digital tools to successfully engage audiences
- Experience with Google Analytics, SEO, and online advertising platforms
- Ability to learn quickly and efficiently, with the self-starter skills required to learn new programs as needed
- Effective project and time management skills and an aptitude to always follow through
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, hectic environment
- An openness to evolving responsibilities
- An understanding of how to nurture relationships online with donors and partners
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders with professionalism and collegiality
- Strong personal initiative, team player
How to Apply
Applications must contain a resume and cover letter addressed to the external relations and communications manager. Applicants in the greater Washington, D.C. area are highly preferred.
Must be willing to provide professional references upon request.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
- Organization: PSI - Population Services International
- Location: Washington D.C. (United States of America) | United States
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Communication and Public Information
- Managerial positions
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2018-03-28