Communication Specialist (Social Media and Digital Outreach)
Organization : UNDP - Department of Public Relations, Govt. of Chhattisgarh project ‘Strengthening digital media outreach’-
Supervisor : Special Secretary, Public Relations, Govt. of Chhattisgarh and Programme Officer, UNDP
Social media plays a critical role in connecting citizens with the government, making communication more open and transparent. Citizens are using social media to find information and interact with government. In India, various government departments have now started incorporating social media into their overall communications strategies and are increasingly using this platform to engage with citizens.
The Department of Public Relations (DoPR), Government of Chhattisgarh has undertaking various initiative of using social media platforms to reach out to citizens, share information on different programmes/schemes, seek inputs into policy making and get feedback on service delivery. In this context, DoPR, Government of Chhattisgarh, has entered into a partnership with UNDP for strengthening the digital outreach through the social media platform.
In this direction, UNDP intends to recruit a Government Communications Specialist to provide technical support to the social media endeavor of the DoPR, Government of Chhattisgarh.
The selected candidate will be placed within the Department of Public Relations, Govt. of Chhattisgarh.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical assistance to position Government of Chhattisgarh development work through mainstream media and digital media platforms, with specific emphasis on garnering coverage in elite national media outlets.
- Collate and compile success stories from across the state on various government development projects by coordinating with government functionaries and relevant stakeholders;
- Ensure nationwide reach of the collected success stories through mainstream and digital media platforms;
- Technical assistance to develop, supervise and implement communication campaigns around development works being undertaken by Government of Chhattisgarh in different districts;
- Coordinate the drafting of content, designing, production and dissemination of diverse publications and news release through but not limited to digital media;
- Expand the state’s digital communities, edit content such as photos and infographics and ensure strategic placement through tagging and direct messaging;
- Liaise and work with graphic designers as needed, to produce visuals and infographics for use in communication campaigns;
- Technical support to set up a resource library and stay updated with skill development for digital outreach;
- Identify and adopt innovative tools to increase outreach and monitor conversations on digital platforms;
- Understand and leverage digital trends and analysis to improve and redirect work as needed
- Oversee the development, production and design of interactive, visual communications, and digital products
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Able to interact with stakeholders across the spectrum effectively;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Self-starter; organized; able to multitask and balance multiple responsibilities and also communicate independently with minimum supervision;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others;
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
Promoting Knowledge Sharing
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of communicating through social media;
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches and shares with relevant stakeholders;
- Employs new and innovative tools to analyze data and crunch numbers to create trend reports.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree in Communication and related field
- Masters’ degree in Management or Media and Communication is desirable
Experience and Skills:
- 4 years of relevant experience in government communication, and digital media management
- Excellent knowledge of digital media tools and applications with a special focus on community building;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Proficient in using new technologies and web-based platforms;
- Strong visual communications skills;
- Management experience and aptitude required, with successively increasing responsibilities in administration and management and a demonstrated track record of successfully managing people, processes and projects, especially in a complex environment.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English is required. Good knowledge of written and spoken Hindi is required
Remuneration package is INR 110,665/- per month (taxable). UNDP also offers additional benefits which include medical insurance coverage and limited pension reimbursement for contract holder and encourages work life balance.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.