Software Quality Assurance Assistant
Background information - ICT
The UNOPS ICT Unit is part of the Finance Group within UNOPS and is responsible for architecting, designing, delivering, and managing all UNOPS ICT infrastructure and business applications. The ICT function within UNOPS is currently undergoing a transformation from being a service provider to becoming a strategic business partner. This transformation requires addressing several foundational aspects of enterprise IT as well as embedding innovation and harnessing of cutting-edge technology to deliver solutions to UNOPS that truly address business needs as well as provide greater effectiveness, efficiency and differentiation to UNOPS products and services. ICT’s place within the UNOPS Finance Group also enables the transformation by ensuring that IT decisions are made with a strategic focus on costs, benefits, and risks.
We are looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals who will help us position UNOPS ICT as a truly transformative part of UNOPS.
- The QA Assistant will write and execute test cases for given requirements / user stories in a timely manner with high quality.
- The QA Assistant will do end user testing based upon provided requirement specifications / user stories
- Provide continuous feedback (both written and verbal) to development team members, business analysts, product owners and end users in a clear and concise manner
- Engage and organize testing in conjunction with the end user community (as necessary)
- Can quickly and easily learn to use applications of medium to high complexity
- Pro-actively identify risks and possible improvements
- Help verify data quality and do simpler root cause analysis.
- Can accurately estimate work effort and keep commitments
- Test software using different techniques and employing appropriate approaches
- Work together with development team members and business analysts to achieve best possible result
- Stay updated with guidelines, policy, documentation to better understand how to test
- Liaise with development team members to identify and reproduce bugs and errors identified by end users
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Secondary Education is required;
- University Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Communication, Physics or Mathematics is an advantage and can substitute for some of the required years of experience;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the software industry working with software and web based testing is required with secondary education; 1 year of experience is required in combination with Bachelor's degree.
- Exposure to some of the following business domains: Finance, Payroll, HR or Project Management is highly desired.
- Experience with varying levels of testing/project complexity and understanding of different software methodologies or frameworks such as Agile or Prince2 is highly desired;
- Knowledge of test automation or SQL and/or VBScript and Financial and HR type applications is desirable;
- Experience in writing high quality test cases, performing end user testing, documenting and communicating test results is highly desired;
- Candidates are expected to have a good problem solving skills, understand of different types of tests and approaches to testing; quality awareness and building an environment of trust with developers and other focal points.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of another UN language is an advantage
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: LICA 5
Contract duration: 1 year, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.