Business Intelligence and Reporting Development Technician, Multiple positions
Background Information - Job-specific
The United Nations Department of Field Support, Information and Communications Technology Division (UN DFS-ICTD) is responsible for the delivery of applications that satisfy the requirements of the Departments of Peacekeeping Operations and Field Support (DPKO/DFS) missions as well as Special Political Missions (SPMs).
The Information and Communications Technology Division of DFS has implemented a range of civilian and military field technologies to address the requirements of peacekeeping operations that have been identified as strategic enablers to make peacekeeping more effective and efficient. Partnerships and bi-lateral sponsorship's with member states and other entities are being developed to facilitate the introduction of innovation and modern technologies to support mandate implementation in UN Field Missions.
The incumbent for this post will be placed in the UN Department of Field Support and will report to the Director of the Information and Communications Technology Division (ICTD).The Business Intelligence and Reporting Development Technician will play a technical role in RDM team in Valencia. Under the overall supervision of the RDM Business Solutions Manager in New York, the incumbent will directly work under RDM Delivery Lead or his designate in Valencia.
- Assist in the design and development of reports and dashboards using tools like SAP Business Intelligence (Web Intelligence and Design Studio) and MS Power BI.
- Analyze requirements and develop visualizations and reporting solution.
- Support the development of SAP HANA views, SAP BW data models and BO Universes.
- Implement ETL processes to bring data from different data sources into data repositories and warehouses.
- Perform sanity checks and unit testing of reports; participate in end-user testing for bug fixing and issues resolution.
- Liaise with SAP Basis and other operation teams to provide recommendations on performance, security, and user interface.
- Process support Work Orders by troubleshooting and resolving reporting and BI incidents and problems.
- Develop documentation and training materials.
- Perform other ICT related duties as required
Impact of Results
The result of work of the Business Intelligence and Reporting Development Technician impacts directly on delivery of services that satisfy the requirements of the Department as well as the performance of the services implemented in the DFS/DPKO field missions and headquarters. It will also ensure proper processes and methodologies are followed and implemented according to the latest of the industry standards.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- High school diploma or equivalent
- First-level university degree in Applied Mathematics, Electronics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems / Technology, Engineering or related field is an asset or advantage
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in the field of ICT, Electronics, Information Systems, or other related fields is required. A candidate with a University degree must have at least one (1) year of experience in the relevant area.
- Minimum 3 years experience with Power BI or SAP Business Objects
- Minimum 2 years experience with data integration, cleansing, ETL related areas
- Minimum 2 years experience with Microsoft SQL or any other database tool
- Ability to take high level, loosely-defined business problems and identify precise, quantitative solutions.
- Experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative techniques
- Experience in SAP HANA
Fluency in written and oral English is required. Knowledge of a second UN language is desirable.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: G5
Contract duration: 1 Year (renewable subject to funds availability and satisfactory performance)
For more details about United Nations staff contracts, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/UN-Staff-Contracts.aspx
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS provides its partners with advisory, implementation and transactional services, with projects ranging from building schools and hospitals, to procuring goods and services and training local personnel. UNOPS works closely with governments and communities to ensure increased economic, social and environmental sustainability for the projects we support, with a focus on developing national capacity.
UNOPS vision is a world where people can live full lives supported by appropriate, sustainable and resilient infrastructure, and by the efficient and transparent use of public resources in procurement and project management.
With over 8,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, where they need it. By implementing around 1,000 projects for our partners at any given time, UNOPS makes significant contributions to results on the ground, often in the most challenging environments.
Background information- ECR
Based in Geneva, the Europe and Central Asia Regional Office (ECR) supports UNOPS offices throughout the region through: management, financial and programmatic oversight of global and country-specific portfolios, clusters and operations centres, including hosting services; fund and management advisory services; project implementation; procuring goods and services; and managing human resources.
ECR ensures that projects are executed to the highest standards, providing a shared knowledge base and ensuring that best practices and lessons learned are disseminated between business units and projects across the entire region.
ECR strategy is to:
- Strengthen UNOPS role in operationalizing the Sustainable Development Goals with particular emphasis on health, environment and economic development.
- Position UNOPS in the Balkan sub-region, the Caucasus and Central Asia.
- Strengthen the implementation of ECR global and regional programmes, with revitalized partnerships in infrastructure, procurement and project management.
ECR operates global portfolios from offices in Geneva, Brussels and New York, and country-specific programmes from its operations and project centres located in Eastern Europe and Central Asian countries.
Background Information - Development Group Cluster
Based in the New York, the UNOPS Development Group Cluster supports diverse partners with their peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations. For example, within the United Nations Development Programme, the Cluster works with the Bureau for Policy and Programme Support and the Office of South-South Cooperation.
The cluster also supports the United Nations Secretariat, as well as a broadening community of other New York-based United Nations organizations in the delivery of project management and implementation services