Strategic Information: Informatics Technical Advisor
Pretoria (South Africa) | Southern Africa
CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today's most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, and medical research.
CAMRIS seeks a Strategic Information: Informatics Technical Advisor for an upcoming task order under the International Technical, Operation, and Professional Support Services (ITOPSS) IDIQ. The Strategic Information: Informatics Technical Advisor will independently provide Health Management Information System support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/Division of Global HIV/AIDS South Africa (SA). S/he will: Provide expert scientific direction and input to the PEPFAR SA and South Africa Government (SAG) programs in health management information systems design, implementation, and utilization. Provide relevant technical support and guidance to existing PEPFAR technical staff. Support the increased availability and quality of data for evidence-based monitoring and development, capacity building and increase data use at the national, sub-national, and facility levels. Strengthen data management and quality improvement, aligning PEPFAR and SAG indicators and reporting systems, and implementing the 3-tiered ART monitoring system.
Note: The position is contingent on contract award.
- Provide expert scientific advice, consultation and leadership in designing, coordinating and maintaining public health informatics project goals, objectives and priorities.
- Builds technical informatics capacity within the CDC/DGHT South Africa team.
- Manages projects involved with public health informatics and serves as a subject matter expert in the utilization and implementation of IT systems integrating epidemiologic and other information from a scientific perspective.
- Implements scientific policies and procedures on informatics practices and principles.
- Assist CDC/DGHT South Africa and PEPFAR South Africa with the development of proposals and work plans for implementing Health Information Management System. Health information Management System (HMIS)-related activities.
- Conduct site meeting and visits to CDC/DGHT South Africa and PEPFAR South Africa implementing partners to assess, monitor, and evaluate implementation of HMIS programs against goals and objectives.
- Develops strategies to meet short and long-range goals for the applicable program and assures that strategies reflect most promising directions in research, preventive, and clinical approaches as it relates to public health informatics.
- Coordinates the sharing of health-related informational materials so that scientific advice and assistance is shared.
- Applies new methods, approaches, and technology to new and unusual situations and these methods have broad applications in the field.
- Collaborates and provides expert scientific advice to a variety of nation-wide and international organizations to synthesize, and implement informatics policies and directions for future development.
Collaborates with and provides expert advice to all organizational levels with the agency, as well as with various partner organizations.
Graduate degree in informatics, computer science, or a related field.
Advanced training in epidemiology and public health evaluation.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Excellent time-management and organization skills.
Experience with CDC is highly preferred.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZXNvbG9tYW4uNjYyMTIuMzgzMEBjYW1yaXMuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t