Human Resources Assistant (Open to Egyptian Nationals and Residents only)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women will lead and coordinate United Nations System effort to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It will provide strong and coherent leadership in support of Members States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
In line with fulfilling UN WOMEN’s strategic objectives, UN WOMEN Egypt Country Office (ECO) focuses on three areas of immediate concern: Strengthening women’s participation in governance and leadership, eradication of violence against women, women’s economic security and rights.
Under the overall management and supervision of the Operations Manager and direct daily guidance and supervision of the HR Associate, UN WOMEN is recruiting HR Assistant to provide support to the HR unit in various functions outlined below, including recruitment processes, leave monitoring and HR filing, etc. S/he is required to promote a client-oriented approach consistent with UN WOMEN rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Administer and implement HR policies and procedures in ECO in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines:
- Provides support to HR recruitment processes: organize interviews, panels, renting of laptops, ..etc, including logistical preparations, taking minutes, preparation of reports, ..etc.
- Follow up on candidate’s vendor and soliciting of references and P11s, etc
- Follow up on contracts after being signed by UN WOMEN Director to ensure completion of processes (including PO and vendor creations by colleagues)
- Administer interns’ agreements for Associate review and OM signature and ensure compilations of interns requirements on file.
- Draft HR communications such as HR letters, written response to queries concerning HR related matters, and apology emails to candidates who were not selected
- Collection of background information/ documents on candidates as required.
- Maintenance of proper filing system for all HR recruitments.
- Assistance in organizing the trainings for the operations/projects staff on HR related matters
- Assistance provided on HR briefing to newly hired staff
Provide support to leave monitoring, as well as absence planning and management:
- Preparations of leave monitoring reports, including follow up with staff members.
- collect signed leave requests and file in leave files
- Enter leaves taken on monthly records of each staff in the leave sheets
- Produce the monthly attendance sheet for signature of staff and director at end of each month, ensuring the update of leave balances.
Collect and Maintain HR information in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines
- Maintain and update internal database and files on administrative HR matters in a confidential and secure manner;
- Print and file the mandatory certificates for each staff and assist HR Associate in the update of information on the excel sheet (dates of modules completion)
- Print and file staff Evaluations
- Recruitment’s documentation is completed and filed for each case and on monthly basis.
- Proper, accurate, and fully updated leave monitoring system in place.
- Comprehensive mission/leave plan in place, with follow-up on leave taken on monthly basis and development of monthly signed attendance sheets.
- HR files fully updated with staff mandatory certificates, PMDs, evaluations, P11s, etc.
- HR Inquiries, letters, correspondences are properly communicated and filed.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Adherence to UN Women rules and regulations;
- Timely and accurate HR administration;
- Up-to-date and secure databases, files and records;
- Timely support to team.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdf
- Provides helpful feedback and advice to colleagues in the office;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills;
- Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related HR processes, including screening, collecting and preparation of documentation, data input, creation of position, transactions tracking, filing, provision of information;
- Strong IT skills;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view;
- Ability to write and present ideas and concepts;
- Ability to handle confidential information.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business or Public Administration or related fields.
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- At least 2 years of experience in human resource management at national or international levels;
- Experience in the UN would be desirable;
- Proficient computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office tools.
- Fluency in English and Arabic, excellent spoken and written skills.
UN Women applies a fair and transparent selection process that takes into account both the technical qualification of potential consultants as well as the financial proposals submitted in support of consultant applications.
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodology:
Cumulative analysis: When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract should be made to the candidate whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical criteria.
Technical Criteria weight: 70%
Financial Criteria Weight: 30%
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for the financial evaluation.
Criteria Weight Technical: 70%
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business or Public Administration or related fields; completion of secondary education (20%);
- At least 2 years of experience in human resource management at national or international levels (20%);
- Experience in the UN would be desirable (10%);
- Proficient computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office tools (10%).
- Fluency in English and Arabic, excellent spoken and written skills (10%).
Financial: Lowest financial proposal (30%) The Financial offier must be a lumpsum all-inclusive monthly salary in EGP.
Contract will be awarded to the technically qualified consultant who obtains the highest combined score (financial and technical). The points for the Financial Proposal will be allocated as per the following formula:
(Lowest Bid Offered*)/ (Bid of the Consultant) x 30
*"Lowest Bid Offered" refers to the lowest price offered by Offer or scoring at least 49 points in technical evaluation.
Candidates must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Personal CV;
- UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment;
- Education certificates.
- Health certificate valid for consultants whose assignment is longer than 3 months.
Please note: All documents have to be uploaded in 1 single files