Washington D.C. (United States of America) | United States
Job title: Program Coordinator
Department: Malaria, Child Survival, and Sanitation
Based in Washington, D.C.
Reports to Associate Program Manager, MCSD
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI seeks a Program Coordinator to support the Malaria, Child Survival, and Sanitation Department (MCSD). The Coordinator is a key member of MCSD, whose mission is to deliver high-quality, demand-driven services to PSI's field programs, helping to ensure technical integrity and programmatic success. This position is based in Washington DC and entails occasional overseas travel.
Sound like you? Read on.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting PSI's Malaria and Child Survival Department, reporting to the team's Associate Program Manager. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provide program and financial management support to MCSD's centrally-funded grants, including assisting with donor reporting and preparation and tracking of budgets. Provide proactive, strategic, and detail-oriented support to the country teams, coordinating with the Regional Support Team and Associate Program Manager.
- Fulfilling administrative functions, including invoicing and expense reconciling;
- Supporting administrative preparation for key malaria, child survival and sanitation presentations, conferences, meetings and retreats;
- Assist with travel arrangements for MCSD staff including helping to secure visas for urgent travel, making hotel reservations, conference reservations and airport pick-up for visitors to D.C.
- Assist with review and payment of invoices and drafting of consultant contracts;
- Support onboarding of new MCSD staff and train all team members in PSI processes and procedures. Connect team members to resources in headquarters and at the country level;
- Support the organization of meetings including venue, catering, transport;
- Responding to internal/external requests for information and assisting with website updates as necessary;
- Responsible for coordinating the management and maintenance of MCSD's SharePoint page; and
- Fulfill other programmatic, financial, and administrative functions as required
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject (Public Health, International Development) or equivalent experience;
- At least two years of prior work experience in a fast-paced office environment;
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and SharePoint);
- Strong quantitative skills, with particular emphasis on working with budgets and spreadsheets;
- Strong writing skills;
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with special attention to detail and timeliness;
- Proven ability to develop routines to manage large workloads and organize work efficiently;
- Knowledge of USAID and the international donor community;
- Readiness to interact with a variety of people and assume diverse duties and tasks;
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
What would get us excited?
- Experience living outside the United States and in multicultural environments;
- Customer service oriented;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven problem-solving ability;
- Ability to work efficiently and quickly under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and follow through on assignments;
- Demonstrated interest in international health and development issues; and
- Fluency in Spanish or French a plus.
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
- Organization: PSI - Population Services International
- Location: Washington D.C. (United States of America) | United States
- Grade: Mid level
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-04-06