Social Media and Digital Associate
Background Information - Job-specific
This Vacancy Announcement is being published by UNOPS - ECR Geneva on behalf of the SEforALL Initiative
Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) is an International Non- Governmental Organization operating a world-wide multi-stakeholder platform focused on the delivery of Sustainable Development Goal #7. Launched as a UN initiative in 2011 by the former Secretary-General of the United Nations, Ban Ki-Moon, SEforALL is widely acknowledged for its achievement in raising global awareness of the world's sustainable energy challenges, ensuring they were included in the UN's Sustainable Development Goals. SEforALL is directed by its CEO and supports the work of the CEO as she carries out her duties as the Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary-General (SRSG) for Sustainable Energy for All, as well as her role as the co-chair of UN-Energy. These roles include advising the UN Secretary-General and his staff on issues relating to sustainable energy and the implementation of Sustainable Development Goal 7 (SDG7) and supporting the coordination of sustainable energy issues in the United Nations system. The Secretary General’s advisory committee on Sustainable Energy for All will be supported by the SRSG and SEforALL.
The ambitions of SDG7 on ensuring universal access to affordable, reliable and modern energy services by 2030 are extraordinary. Aiming to achieve them in the context of the Paris agreements involves transformation at a scale never undertaken by humanity before. Swift action needs to be taken by leaders in governments, companies, institutions, financiers, development banks, unions and communities, entrepreneurs and civil society. As a global team, SEforALL crafts interventions that support these leaders in accelerating the delivery of actions. All interventions comprise one or more of SEforALL’s competencies: (i) to marshal the evidence, (ii) to benchmark progress towards SEforALL objectives, (iii) to amplify the voices of the energy poor; (iv) to tell stories of success, and (v) to connect stakeholders to each other and to solutions. All interventions systematically draw on strategic insight, build on compelling communications, and are delivered through and include action-oriented partnerships. Find out more: http://www.SEseforallALL.org/
Title of Supervisor: Communications Director
We have an exciting opportunity for a self-starter, detail-oriented, technologically-savvy individual to support the SEforALL communications team during some priority events and moments in 2018 as a Social Media & Digital Associate. The Social Media & Digital Associate takes accountability for all of SEforALL’s social media platforms – and its impact – as well as for all other digital platforms and tools. S/he will be responsible for developing and implementing the SEforALL social media communications strategy during this period. S/he will lead on content management of the SEforALL online products – in particular of SEforALL’s social media platforms – and will be responsible for monitoring and supporting our Partners’ social media platforms.
The Social Media Associate ensures efficient social media content management, and focuses on the following:
Education and Work Experience:
- Secondary education required. First university degree in Liberal Arts with experience in Communication desirable.
- A minimum of 5 year’s experience in, social media, and digital marketing with a responsibility for creating, curating and developing high impact social media campaigns across a variety of social and digital channels. If no first university degree, then a minimum of 6 years of digital experience along with specific experience in social media for at least 2-3 years
- Experience working major events and proven track record of creating and managing social media strategies that have generated a big impact and reach in audience
- Experience in video content – both engaging and managing speakers to interview, as well as experience in shooting content. Strong video editing and producing skills also highly desirable.
- Experience in photography desirable
- Knowledge matter of the energy, sustainable development and climate change desirable.
- Outstanding copywriting and editing skills in English.
- Copywriting and editing skills in French or Spanish a plus.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and strong understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Adobe Suite skills advantageous but not required.
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, CRO and SEO
- Fluency in written and oral English required
Complete fluency in English with strong written and verbal communication skills is required. Knowledge and ability to work in another UN language desirable. (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in online communication tools and activities, demonstrating excellent familiarity with and working knowledge of media channels and tools.
- Communication skills: Ability to translate complex messages and concepts into simple language that is easy to understand. Ability to read and write effectively. Ability to interview colleagues, research and solicit newsworthy material relating to SEforALL’s work for feature stories and other external publications. Ability to produce a high volume of quality content.
- Communications strategies: Able to modify and develop communication strategies and products to leverage existing or upcoming innovative communication tools or new social media channels. Has a demonstrated ability to create and implement high impact social media campaigns across various platforms.
- Delivery skills: Ability to adhere to work assignments and meet designated deadlines. Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision, but also be a valued member of a high functioning global communications team.
- Knowledge sharing and learning: Able to contribute to the development of expertise in online communications, especially in social media. Promotes knowledge management and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example. Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development and applies newly acquired skills.
- IT skills: Strong IT skills desired.
- Reliability and Quality: Can be relied on to complete specific tasks requiring competency to the SEforALL standard (structure, clarity of ideas, and presentation of content). High attention to detail and process management. Results focused. Can-do attitude. Problem solver.
- SEforALL offers exciting high-impact assignments, a collegial and creative work environment, and the opportunity for committed professionals to thrive and grow within flat hierarchies and in the pursuit of an inspiring mission.
- SEforALL provides competitive compensation packages at its locations in Vienna and Washington and modern workplace arrangements in terms of flexibility and results orientation.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- SEforALL reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level below the advertised level of the post.