International Recruiter (Temp)
Washington D.C. (United States of America) | United States
International Recruiter: People, Learning & Performance
(Temporary, Part or Full-time)
Based in Washington, DC
Reports to the Director, International Talent Acquisition
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI's People, Learning and Performance Department is the organization's cultivator of talent, employee development, and culture. We're responsible for people – it is ground zero for everything from recruitment and hiring to onboarding, benefits, performance management and career growth. We are currently seeking a highly skilled Recruiter to help us identify and hire the unique talent and build the exceptionally dynamic teams that drive the innovation for which PSI is known.
This role will lead full life-cycle, end-to-end recruitment for a variety of domestic and international executive, leadership, professional, technical, operational, and administrative positions. The Recruiter establishes and maintains collaboration and true business partnership with hiring managers, technical teams and key stakeholders to effectively and creatively source, attract, and engage the best possible talent for PSI's teams.
This is a temporary 6-month position.
Sound like you? Read on.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
On assigned recruitments:
- Proactively identifies candidates through active sourcing, database searches, advertising and networking
- Conducts initial screening of lead candidates through in-person and phone interviews
- Ensures employment verifications and reference checks and relevant documentation
- Initiates and closes negotiations regarding compensation within the parameters of PSI policy
- Maintains contact with candidates during throughout all processes
- Fully tracks each recruitment effort in the recruitment database and documents all activity for assigned recruitment initiatives
More broadly, the recruiter:
- Collaborates closely with PSI's hiring managers to understand and prioritize upcoming needs
- Builds and maintains networks of specialists to ensure rapid response to recruitment needs
- Assists with off-site recruitment and networking events
- Supports strong and consistent outreach to PSI candidates and talent pools by capturing all contacts in the recruitment database
- Reports regularly on all recruitment activities
- Develops and carries out related components of the department's annual plan, continuous improvement plan and other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- At least 7+ years of recruitment experience with a search firm or in-house recruiting team (executive level, international and preferably supporting a variety of international donor response to proposals as well).
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal networking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, self-directed, results-oriented environment
- Fluency in French, Spanish, or Portuguese preferred.
What would get us excited?
- Track record for successfully identifying, engaging and closing exceptional senior technical or senior-level candidates.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and develop partnerships with stakeholders in the hiring process.
- Experience in sourcing for candidates through multiple off-market channels.
- Experience with the hiring and procurement practices of USAID and other agencies is desirable
- Superior communication skills, verbal and written, including the ability to engage effectively with staff at all levels.
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills as well as strong organizational skills and initiative.
- Must be Authorized to work in the U.S. H1-B Visa will NOT be provided.
APPLY ONLINE at http://www.psi.org
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
- Organization: PSI - Population Services International
- Location: Washington D.C. (United States of America) | United States
- Grade: Junior
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2018-04-08