Consultant - Disaster Risk Reduction Pilot, Beijing, China
UNICEF seeks to hire a professionally qualified and experienced DRR / emergency consultant to provide technical support in conducting a final assessment and documenting project experiences and lessons learned of the UNICEF supported DRR Model Building Pilot Programme.
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfil their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF seeks to hire a professionally qualified and experienced DRR/emergency consultant, with experience in disaster risk reduction, emergency preparedness and response to provide technical support in conducting a final assessment and document project experiences and lessons learned of the UNICEF supported DRR Model Building Pilot Programme.
This is a part-time consultancy assignment for 50 working days during 16 April to 30 November 2018. The consultant will mostly be working remotely but should be able to come to the UNICEF China Office in Beijing, as required.
Key deliverables will include:
- Provide technical support to assist in designing and conducting two specialized end-line surveys for Child Protection, and Health, Nutrition and WASH, in collaboration with relevant partners.
- Interview government counterparts / UNICEF staff on their experiences accumulated from the DRR pilot programme to document good practices, lessons learned and provide recommendations for DRR related programmes.
- Compile various sources of data and results to assess the extent to which the DRR pilot programme goals, intended outcomes and results have been achieved.
To qualify, you will have…
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, with at least 8 years of progressive experience in disaster risk reduction, emergency preparedness and response, or relevant fields;
- Strong technical/methodological expertise in survey design, data analysis and compilation, management experience in cross-sectoral projects;
- Understanding of relevant UNICEF policies, and programs related to DRR and emergency preparedness;
- Demonstrated strong coordination and facilitation skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Familiarity with the context in China;
- Full professional proficiency in English and Chinese, written and oral;
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
- Respect for and adherence to UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, and Integrity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work in a multicultural environment
- Strong drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work
- Interest in learning and researching, gathering comprehensive information to support decision making
Please review the full Terms of Reference through this link. If you wish to make a difference for every child, please send (1) a Cover Letter, (2) your CV, (3) a suggested workplan based on the key deliverables, and (4) a financial proposal suggesting your daily consultancy rate to email@example.com, or apply online through https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=511569. The deadline for receipt of applications is 26 March 2018.