NATIONAL POST: Programme Specialist - Adolescents & Youth Development and Gender Mainstreaming, NO-C
Pretoria (South Africa)
Under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Representative, the Programme Specialist- Adolescents and Youth Development and Gender Mainstreaming is located in the South African Country Office (CO) and reports to the Assistant Representative.
The Programme Specialist, Adolescents and Youth Development and Gender Mainstreaming, provides high level programme and technical support for country programming on Adolescent and youth development and Gender mainstreaming. This includes ensuring effective management of UNFPA supported activities in the areas of Adolescents and Youth health and Gender Mainstreaming. S/he oversees programme planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, joint programming initiatives in the support of government priorities, while working in an integrated and collaborative manner with the Country Office’s programme and operations staff.
Master’s degree in Public health, Medicine, or social sciences such as Gender and Development Studies.
Knowledge and Experience:
● At least 6-8 years professional experience preferably in programme management in the public, NGO or private sector, 4 of which should have been in the area of Adolescents and Youth Health and Development and Gender Mainstreaming.
● Experience working in collaboration with government, development partners, civil society organizations and private sector.
● Excellent technical drafting and report/proposal writing and presentation and interpersonal communication skills
● Proven ability to effectively collaborate with team members to achieve demonstrable results.
● Demonstrable capability to cultivate strategic partnerships and to maintain political relations for programme development.
● Proficiency in computer skills, particularly in current office software applications
Fluency in English.