Deputy Chief of Party, Evidence for Health, Zambia
Job title**: Deputy Chief of Party, Evidence for Health, Zambia**
Department: Southern Africa
Based in Lusaka, Zambia
Reports to the Chief of Party, Evidence for Health
*This position will be full time position at SFH/Zambia
*Contingent upon funding
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI seeks an experienced Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to support the management, coordination and reporting of all activities under an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded project in Zambia. The project will strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) managed and owned by the Government of Zambia; improve monitoring, evaluation and research capabilities within key government and non-government partners; and expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV.
Sound like you? Read on.
You will assist the Chief of Party with all aspects of the project operations including the technical oversight, human resources, recruiting and training staff. The DCOP will directly report to the COP in activity implementation and management. The DCOP will take over leadership and oversight of the activity in the absence of the COP. This position is responsible for coordinating the various technical experts and aligns them to all the program activities.
What are we looking for?
- You have a Master's degree in a related field
- You have at least 8 years of experience in implementing public health programs in sub-Saharan Africa or other resource limited settings
- You have at least 6 years of experience with HMIS, research and other related work
- You have demonstrated knowledge and experience in HMIS and research
- You have demonstrated progressive experience working in partnership with community-based organization, coordinating multiple stakeholders, and develop and maintaining effective relationships with Government officials
- You have significant experience with USG- or USAID-funded activities or other internationally funded activities
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations. You have demonstrated the ability to meet deadlines with quality products.
- You have proven management skills, including relevant experience in direct supervision of professional staff.
- You can work well as part of a team and effectively develop and manage a network of collaborating partners.
References will be required.
What would get us excited?
- USAID Experience. You have good experience in health project management with USAID, ideally in Zambia.
- HMIS and Research Experience. You have worked with HMIS and research in public health programs and know the ins-and outs and can bring your skills to deliver upon the project's objectives.
- Capacity Builder: You have experience in building institutional, local technical, management and leadership capacity.
- Results Oriented: Knows how to design and successfully implement, monitor, and disseminate results, adapting as needed to achieve the greatest impact.
- Collaborative manager. You are able to inspire a shared vision for your colleagues. You have successfully helped your staff learn, grow, and thrive in their work.
- A connector. You have experience working with Ministries of Health, public and private actors and global health donors.
- A strategist and an innovator. You are creative, innovative and a strategic thinker. You have a strong interest in private-sector approaches to development and a proven ability to produce results.
To Apply: PLEASE EMAIL APPLICATION AND CV TO: firstname.lastname@example.org or The Director – Human Resources, Society for Family Health, Plot No. 549, Ituna Road, P.O Box 50770, Lusaka - Clearly indicate “**POSITION TITLE”**
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
- Organization: PSI - Population Services International
- Location: Lusaka (Zambia)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Project and Programme Management
- Public Health and Health Service
- Managerial positions
- Public Policy and Administration
- Democratic Governance
- Closing Date: 2018-04-12