Programme Associate for Kazakhstani Nationals only
UN Women, grounded in the vision of the equality enshrined in the Chapter of the United Nations, works for elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Country Office (CO) is based in Astana, Kazakhstan. CO programming includes support to Government and civil society organizations in the development and implementation of innovative approaches aimed at achieving gender equality and women's empowerment. In Kazakhstan, UN Women supports efforts of the national partners and UN agencies in implementation of gender equality commitments in compliance with the UN human rights conventions ratified by Kazakhstan. It provides strong and coherent technical support of gender equality priorities in national and UN efforts and support to build effective partnership with civil society and other relevant actors. It strengthens coordination on gender equality and women's empowerment programming and enhances cooperation for gender responsive post-2015 development agensa's implementation at the national and sub-regional levels.
Reporting to the Programme Specialist, the Programme Associate works with and provides support to the members of the Programme Team in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. S/he contributes to research, financial management, and programme implementation including providing necessary operational, administrative and programmatic support. The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project's staff in the CO and UN Women HQs as required for resolving complex related issues and exchange of information.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements;
- Provide technical guidance to the CO and executing agencies on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances;
- Prepare information for the audit of programmes/projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Review programme data from programmes/projects for the website;
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, quidelines, speeches and position papers.
- Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
- Provide administrative support in monitoring budget preparation and the finances of programmes/ projects; including the finalization of FACE forms;
- Process payment for consultants;
- Maintain internal expenditures control system for programme;
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas.
- Provide administrative support to the Programme Unit
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, for workshops, events, and missions;
- Make travel arrangements for the Office personnel and event participants, including travel requisitions and claims, security clearance and waiver forms;
- Maintain in/out correspondence register, prepare Note Verbales, letters, and other communication for the Office, respond to invitations;
- Prepare public information materials and briefing packets;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations.
- Provide administrative support to Resource Mobilization
- Prepare cost-sharing and other agreements; follow up on contributions within the CO resource mobilization efforts;
- Organize, compile and process information from donors, CO, and programme team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to programme management and finance;
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
Key Perfomance Indicators:
- Timely and accurate support to events, workshops, and missions;
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Timely recording of overall programme unit finances;
- Timely and accurate tracking of data for CO management and donor purposes;
- Quality to maintenance of internal systems.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Good knowledge of Programme management;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
- Strong financial and budgeting skills;
- Strong IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completions of secondary education required;
- Barchelor's degree in Business or Public Administartion is an asset;
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/ support;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Experience in the use of Atlas is an asset;
- Experience in supporting a team.
- Fluency in English and Russian is required;
- Knowledge of Kazakh is an asset;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
All online applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from:
The system will only allow one attachment, hence all supporting document e.g. P11, CV and Cover letter must be scanned as one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment. Only qualified, shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.