77649 - Internship for QUALITY ASSURANCE AND RESULT (QARE) Unit For Social and Environmental Standard (SES)
UNDP partners with people at all levels of society to help build nations that can withstand crisis, and drive and sustain the kind of growth that improves the quality of life for everyone. On the ground in 177 countries and territories, UNDP offers global perspective and local insight to help empower lives and build resilient nations.” UNDP Indonesia's mission is to be an agent for change in the human and social development of Indonesia. We aim to be a bridge between Indonesia and all donors as well as a trusted partner to all stakeholders.
We work in four key areas of development: Governance Reforms, Pro-Poor Policy Reforms, Conflict Prevention and Recovery, and Environment Management, with the overarching aim of reducing poverty in Indonesia. Besides the four priority areas, UNDP Indonesia is also engaged in a variety of crosscutting initiatives focused on HIV/AIDS, gender equality, and information and technology for development.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Intern will be assigned in the Quality Assurance and Result (QARE) Unit UNDP Indonesia.
The Intern will work closely with Resut Based Management Analyst and Team Leader of QARE, assisting this team in ensuring organization’s commitment to mainstream Social and Environmental Standard (SES) in our Programmes and Projects to support sustainable development.
The objectives of the standards are to:
- Strengthen the social and environmental outcomes of Programmes and Projects;
- Avoid adverse impacts to people and the environment;
- Minimize, mitigate, and manage adverse impacts where avoidance is not possible;
- Strengthen UNDP and partner capacities for managing social and environmental risks;
- Ensure full and effective stakeholder engagement, including through a mechanism to respond to complaints from project-affected people.
Under the direct supervision of Resut Based Management Analyst and Team Leader of QARE, the Intern will:
- Support the development and delivery of trainings for staff, including webinars, the development of online training content, and support to face-to-face trainings;
- Support QARE team in the development of learning materials, including case studies and documentation of lessons learned;.
- Supporting administrative and coordination role for technical support related to implementation of the SES;
- Supporting administration of SES Poroject reports and related assessments and management plans ;
- Support QARE team in performing assessments and development of man-agement plan
- Support QARE team in coordination of monitoring and mitigation activities.
- Demonstrate commitment to UNDP mission, vision and values
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Functional Competencies:• Effective communications skills;• Excellent computer skills;• Focuses on impact and result for the client;• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;• Ability to remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure and tight deadlines;• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;• Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view;• Solicits feedback about the impact of his/her own behavior.• Proficient computer skills and knowledge of automated systems.• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work under pressure within an international setting.• Ability to perform a variety of administrative tasks.
Required Skills and Experience
The following minimum qualifications are required:
- Enrolment in a graduate-level degree programme in in relevant studies; international development, with specific academic background related to social and environmental sustainability would be preferable
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 2 years) in social and environmental standards and impact assessment in an international development context;
- Motivated to contribute towards peace and development and to serve others;
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills;
- Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team;
- Flexible and open to learning and new experiences;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required, and knowledge of other language is an asset;
- Computer literate in standard software applications;
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP's Statement of Purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter;
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views
- Good communication skills; speaking, writing and editing skills in English
- Demonstrable skills in analytical thinking, report writing, communication, and research.
- An interest in global mobility; adaptability to varied physical and other environments; a desire to work with and gain the confidence and respect of people with different language, national and cultural backgrounds.
Interns are not financially remunerated by UNDP.
All costs connected with an intern's participation in the Programme must be borne by:
a) the nominating institution, related institution or government, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students;
b) the student, who will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his/her own arrangements for travel (including to and from the office), visas, accommodation, etc.