77650 - Intern for PARTNERSHIP Unit
UNDP partners with people at all levels of society to help build nations that can withstand crisis, and drive and sustain the kind of growth that improves the quality of life for everyone. On the ground in 177 countries and territories, UNDP offers global perspective and local insight to help empower lives and build resilient nations.” UNDP Indonesia's mission is to be an agent for change in the human and social development of Indonesia. We aim to be a bridge between Indonesia and all donors as well as a trusted partner to all stakeholders.
We work in four key areas of development: Governance Reforms, Pro-Poor Policy Reforms, Conflict Prevention and Recovery, and Environment Management, with the overarching aim of reducing poverty in Indonesia. Besides the four priority areas, UNDP Indonesia is also engaged in a variety of crosscutting initiatives focused on HIV/AIDS, gender equality, and information and technology for development.
UNDP Office has organised internship programme to provide a framework by which students from diverse academic backgrounds may be assigned to UNDP offices, where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments as well providing an opportunity to make substantive contributions to an office’s work. The current internship will provide opportunity for student or student who recently graduated from university to learn some aspects of Partnership Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of Partnership Development Specialist and SDG Philanthropy Platform Coordinator the Intern will undertake the following tasks:
1. Effective support for coordination, partnerships building, compliance with donor requirement, focusing on the following tasks:
- Supporting supervisors in preparation of quarter and period report on progress made in establishing and operationalizing philanthropy platform and achieving target as outlined in work plan
- Provision of support for period meetings with various stakeholders
- Updating database of partners
- Supporting coordination with programme unit, communication unit to strengthen result, deepen stakeholder’s knowledge and buy -in and to support resource mobilization activities.
- Support the organisation of high-level missions, events, launches and press conferences in coordination with communication team.
2. Assist in managing external resources and maintaining relations with external partners, focusing on the following tasks:
- Supporting supervisors in drafting concept notes and project proposals are in order as per discussions and agreements with donors.
- Supporting supervisors in negotiation, drafting and revision of agreements with donors.
3. Supporting communications aspect of the work, focusing on the following tasks:
- Supporting supervisor in coordination with Country Office Communication team in increasing profile and support positive positioning vis-à-vis donor partners
- Assist with development of English language communications materials and best practices
- Organization and implementation of public events such as commemoration of internationally marked days. Philanthropy platform event, etc
- Ensuring documentation of best practice lesson learn and actively contribute to knowledge network and communities of practices
- Timely quarter and period report on progress as outlined in work plan
- Effective support for period meetings with various stakeholders
- Updated database of partners
- Effective coordination with programme unit, communication unit to strengthen result, deepen stakeholders knowledge and buy -in and to support resource mobilization activities.
- Effective support for high-level missions, events, launches and press conferences in coordination with communication team.
- Timely preparation draft concept notes and project proposals
- Effective support for negotiation, drafting and revision of agreements with donors.
- Effective coordination with Country Office Communication team in increasing profile and support positive positioning vis-à-vis donor partners
- Well drafted English language communications materials and best practices
- Well organized public events such as commemoration of internationally marked days. Philanthropy platform event, etc
- Proper documentation of best practice lesson learns
- Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective is systematically applied, integrated and documented in all activities throughout the assignment;
- A final statement of achievements towards volunteerism for development during the assignment, such as reporting on the number of volunteers mobilized, activities participated in and capacities developed.
- Demonstrate commitment to UNDP mission, vision and values
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Effective communications skills;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Focuses on impact and result for the client;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Ability to remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view;
- Solicits feedback about the impact of his/her own behavior.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of automated systems.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work under pressure within an international setting.
- Ability to perform a variety of administrative tasks.
Required Skills and Experience
- Enrolment in a graduate-level degree programme in in relevant studies Economics, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Sciences or other relevant field;
- Demonstrated interest in partnerships building, proposal development and relationship management. Some experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects would be preferable.
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills;
- Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team;
- Flexible and open to learning and new experiences;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required, and knowledge of other language is an asset;
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the UN, and of UNDP in particular, and have a personal commitment to UNDP's Statement of Purpose and to the ideals of the UN Charter;
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views
- Demonstrable skills in analytical thinking, report writing, communication, and research.
Interns are not financially remunerated by UNDP.
All costs connected with an intern’s participation in the Programme must be borne by:
a) The nominating institution, related institution or government, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students;
b) The student, who will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his/her own arrangements for travel (including to and from the office), visas, accommodation, etc.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Jakarta (Indonesia)
- Grade: Internship
- Operations and Administrations
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Public, Private Partnership
- Closing Date: 2018-12-31