Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
The Sustainable Development Goals Fund is a development cooperation mechanism created in 2014 to support sustainable development activities through integrated and multidimensional Joint Programmes. It builds on the experience, knowledge, lessons learned, and best practices of the MDG Fund and the MDG experience, while focusing on the fostering of sustainable development, public-private partnerships and gender and women’s empowerment as cross-cutting priorities in all our areas of work. The SDG Fund aims to act as a bridge in the transition from MDGs to SDGs providing concrete experiences on how to achieve a sustainable and inclusive world as part of ‘Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development’.
For detail description, please refer below link
Duties and Responsibilities
The specific objectives of the final evaluation will be to:
- Measure the extent to which the JP RWEE has contributed to resolving the needs and problems identified in the design phase as stated in the result framework.
- Measure the JP RWEE’s degree of implementation, efficiency and quality delivered on outputs and outcomes against what was originally planned or subsequently officially revised.
- Measure the extent to which the JP RWEE has attained development results for the targeted population, beneficiaries, and participants, whether individuals, communities or institutions, etc.
- Measure the JP RWEE’s contribution to the objectives set in the respective specific SDG-F sectoral policy goals as well as the overall SDG fund objectives at local and national levels (accelerating progress towards realization of SDGs) compliance with the Paris, Accra and Busan commitments, UN system’s ability to deliver results in an integrated and multidimensional manner and supporting transformational change).
- Identify and document substantive lessons learned and good practices on the specific results, policy goals and objectives with the aim to support the sustainability of the JP RWEE or some of its components.
- Knowledge of issues concerning women in agriculture, local and international policy and legal frameworks, women’s rights and gender equality;
- Specific knowledge in food security, nutrition, economic empowerment, cooperative management and gender mainstreaming;
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills;
- Ability to deal with multi-stakeholder groups;
- Ability to write focused evaluation reports;
- Wide experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection methods;
- Willingness and ability to travel to the different programme sites in the country;
- Ability to work in a team.
Required Skills and Experience
The assignment will be manged by a lead consultant who will be responsible to have team members with diversified educational backgrounds and key experiences relevant to this specific evaluation as indicated below:
- A Masters or higher-level degree in Agricultural Economics, Gender Studies, and Programme Budget and Finance management and other relevant field related to rural economic development.
- A special training in Monitoring and Results-Based Management is considered an asset
- At least 7 years’ experience in conducting evaluations of similar development programme related to local development, rural women economic empowerment / gender equality and women’s empowerment programs and with a team comprised of the above educational qualifications.
- Substantive experience in evaluating programmes and projects with a strong gender focus is preferred.
- Experience in working in the targeted Oromia and Afar Regional States is preferred.
- Experience in undertaking gender-sensitive evaluations.
- Ability to manage and supervise evaluation teams and ensure timely submission of quality evaluation reports.
- Proven experiences of previous work, especially in leading complex gender-responsive evaluations of programmes e.g. of United Nations Joint Programmes, Delivering as One, etc.
How to Apply
Applications with the above details mentioned on ToR should be sent to Ayantu Ebba (Ayantu.firstname.lastname@example.org) until latest 30 March 2018. Find below link for ToR