Head Strategic Planning Unit
Head Strategic Planning Unit
- Reporting to the Human Resources Director and closely liaising with Heads of HR Divisions and CEO's.
Purpose of the post
The HR Department operates in a multi-disciplined environment and needs to constantly monitor a multitude of shifting developments and horizons to remain fit for purpose. The role of the Head of the Strategic Planning unit assesses these changes and ensures that the HR Department has robust strategies in place to ensure operational effort is well directed. This requires a strategic overview of the activities that are carried out by the HR Department.
Under the overall supervision of the Director HR Department, the Head of the Strategic Planning unit is responsible for the HR Departments future planning, including overseeing that HR services, tools, systems and solutions are strategically planned, developed and implemented and tackling the right issues so that HR planning capacity is aligned to the organization’s overall strategy. It requires coordinating and monitoring change management aspects of HR transformation strategies in partnership with DIR_GEN.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support the HR Director in developing and driving HR strategies and priorities, particularly related to defining the global people strategy and vision aligned with organization strategy.
- Collaborate with HR Leadership team to ensure alignment of the CoE strategies with the broader HR strategy and vision and help set the HR strategic direction and operational plans.
Objectives and Planning
- Develop and monitor the Pfr objectives to ensure they are meeting the objectives of the strategic plan and partner with HRM to ensure that HR programs support Institutional objectives with a specific focus on key institutional planning and monitoring milestones.
- Define and maintain the overall HR planning and performance strategy and ensure alignment with HR strategies and various HR frameworks.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning of new initiatives as those interventions impact the HR transformation in close collaboration with HR colleagues.
HR Process and Data management
- Guide the optimization of HR functional processes in terms of process mapping & controls.
- Coordinate and implement HR institutional activities with appropriate partners, e.g. Project portfolio board, CSN network etc.
- Support the Director in strengthening the department's capacity to manage change on a continuous basis so that the pace and direction of change is coherent and effective.
- Establish a structured change management framework which is sufficiently flexible to reflect the changing requirements of the organization and meet business objectives.
- Identify potential people risks and anticipated points of resistance and develop specific plans to address and mitigate concerns.
HR Department Resources and Costs
- Contribute to the achievement of the strategic orientations by providing strategic resource guidance (including the human resource and financial dimensions), having oversight of the HR Departments input into the Headquarters, CSN, Field and Investment budgets.
- Provide comparative data concerning current costs and projected costs that will arise from meeting Department objectives,
- Support managers to create, develop and manage all aspects of budgets, evaluate how to efficiently distribute financial resources, and prepare reports.
- Assists the department in managing expenses, including FTE monitoring and validation.
HR Department metrics
- Monitor reporting on the critical aspects of the delivery of the work plans against objectives and strategies of the HR Department.
- Develop performance metrics used in determining overall COE performance, setting KPI’s and monitoring them, and identify new questions and data options to more convincingly demonstrate HR business needs.
Education and experience required
- Broad knowledge of multiple HR disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and/or human resource planning with experience and success in human resources strategy development, programme planning and monitoring, organizational design, and change management.
- Experience in global projects, information systems, process reengineering, and structural transformation.
- Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Organizational Development or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid analytical, statistical, project management, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in an international, multi-cultural working environment desirable.
- Field experience an asset.
Desired profile and skills
- Demonstrated interest in HR services with a track record of successful stakeholder engagement and have worked in complex contexts, with diverse stakeholders, at multiple levels.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills, as well as proven operational maturity, sensitivity, empathy and tact.
- Ability to translate complex questions into practical strategies and actions.
- Confirmed capacity to work transversally with strong management skills.
- Excellent English writing and presentation skills, and the ability to communicate well in French.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Location : Geneva
- Type of contract : Open-ended
- Activity rate : 100%
- Length of assignment : until 31 December 2022, extendable
- Estimated start date : ASAP
- Application deadline : Wednesday, 11th April 2018
- Organization: ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Location: Resident
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- Banking and Finance
- Human Resources
- Operations and Administrations
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2022-12-31