Intern, Operations (Roster Position)
The UNDP internship programme offers an outstanding graduate-level students and recent graduates from diverse academic backgrounds the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to the development issues and a first-hand impression of the day-to-day working environment of UNDP. It is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various professional aspects. Interns are not financially remunerated by UNDP.
Objective of the internship: is to provide students and recent graduates from diverse academic backgrounds exposure to development issues and a first-hand impression of the day-to-day working environment of UNDP.
Under the overall guidance of the Unit Manager, the Operations Intern provides overall operations support services ensuring high quality of work, ensures accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provides effective support to the Operations Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support in maintaining proper filing system;
- Implementation of electronic storage system (e-archiving);
- Organizational support in operations processes;
- Other administrative support to Operations Unit.
Impact of Results:
- The key results have an impact on the execution of the CO Operations services in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties;
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints;
- Strong IT skills;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
Required Skills and Experience
- Enrolled student of graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher) in Management, Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Science, International Relations or related field; or
- Enrolled student in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent; or
- Graduate student within one-year of graduation.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian.
UNDP accepts no responsibility for the medical and life insurance of the intern or costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship. Applicants for internship must therefore carry adequate and regular medical insurance. Medical Certificate of Good Health and Proof of medical insurance for duration of contract must be provided before the internship commences.
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for the medical and life insurance of the intern or costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship. Applicants for internship must therefore carry adequate and regular medical insurance. Medical Certificate of Good Health and Proof of medical insurance for duration of contract must be provided before the internship commences.
- Click on the "Apply now" button.
- Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. You can type in or paste your Resume into the last box.
- Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and please ensure that copies of your educational qualifications are available when contacted.
- This is a locally recruited position and no expatriation benefits will apply.
Successful applicants for internships must submit the following documentation:
- UNDP Internship Application form;
- Copy of the most recent CV in English;
- Letter of motivation;
- Letter from his/her University confirming current enrollment and graduation date, if applicable, or copy of a Diploma for graduate students;
- Copy of a school transcript;
- Endorsement letter or letter of reference from a faculty member;
- Other documents might be required.
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest. Applications may only be submitted for specific vacancy.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Kyiv (Ukraine)
- Grade: Internship
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2018-09-02