Consultancy - Content Migration Consultant - ITCD/ECM, WCARO
The purpose of this consultancy is to support all business areas throughout UNICEF’s zonal offices, through the content migration process. The Regional IT Chief will have day-to-day supervision of the Content Migration Consultants, while the efficacy and outcome, along with the project plans will be jointly overseen by the Regional IT Chief and the ECM Senior Project Manager. The duration of the contract is 11.5 months.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
The Enterprise Content Management (ECM) project’s goal is to take a systemic approach that introduces and institutionalizes Electronic Content Management (including systems, policies, procedures, standards, guidance, and governance), providing improved document and records management and retention, improved search functionality, strengthened archives management, a new digital preservation capability, content reuse and repurposing, and collaboration across UNICEF. The project also seeks to reduce risks, improve usability of tools, provide significant cost and time savings, enable new organizational capabilities and comply with several audit recommendations. These goals will be implemented in keeping with the organizational strategy and information management requirements of stakeholders in various business areas.
Purpose of the Assignment
The purpose of this consultancy is to support all business areas throughout UNICEF’s zonal office in the West and Central Africa Region (WCAR), through the content migration process.
The Regional IT Chief will have day-to-day supervision of the Content Migration Consultants, while the efficacy and outcome, along with the project plans will be jointly overseen by the Regional IT Chief and the ECM Senior Project Manager.
The position is based in Dakar, Senegal. All-in daily rates should account for the cost of living, travel to and from the local duty station, insurance and related costs.
Duration of Contract
11 Months Full Time
- Perform a document inventory of Shared Drives (SDs), SharePoint Libraries, and other file repositories
- Implement the ECM-recommended naming convention on existing content
- Implement the ECM-recommended folder structure on Shared Drives
- Analyze content with support from the ECM team and the local Subject Matter Experts and Content Owners
- Other tasks as needed
- Content is mapped and prepared for migration to the ECM solution
- Business areas are supported in a collaborative manner in line with ECM project goals
- Participate in regional and country discussion forums
- A university degree in information management, computer science, or data related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience working with unstructured or structured information
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain work relationships
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Understanding of SharePoint desirable
- Fluency in English and French is required for this assignment.
Each applicant will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis methodology (weighted scoring method), where the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant or vendor whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of technical skills and financial proposal specific to the solicitation.
Technical Criteria weight: [70%]
Financial Criteria weight: [30%]
To view our competency framework, please click here.
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily rate in line with these levels will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.