Project Management Officer (18-011)
International Potato Center POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Ref.: 2018/011/NRS/MAL/SSA Project Management Officer The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking an experienced Project Management Officer to work directly with CIP Leaders and help them to execute worldwide projects and ensure they deliver on-time, within the applicable scope and budget. The successful candidate will oversee all aspects of projects, set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project. If you enjoy working with other professionals dedicated to achieving food security, we encourage you to apply. About the role:
This position will be based in Lilongwe, Malawi and report to the Head of Project Management Unit (Located in Nairobi, Kenya). This position will also assist in ensuring that project staff follow CIP policies and procedures while adhering to donor rules and regulations while acting as the liaison between project field offices and Malawi-based interdepartmental teams to ensure projects are successful. The job requires travel to field sites (up to 25% of time).
• Project implementation and compliance: Serve as primary point of contact for project operations during and after the life of the project; Deliver and maintain professional working relationships with internal clients and other project partners and ensure resource availability and allocation.
• Monitoring and Reporting: Monitor progress against project output and provide feedback as needed; Measure project performance using appropriate tools and dispatched to donors’ representatives; Maintain comprehensive project documentation.
• Knowledge Management: Organize and maintain shared knowledge ports (KM Hub, websites) to communicate relevant project information throughout the organization; Liaise with donors and customers to exchange necessary project information.
• Team Management: Contributes to performance evaluation and development of staff; Supports the Head of PMU in gathering and analyzing data through statistical analysis and writing reports that can offer management effective solutions for projects.What we are looking for? • Bachelor’s degree in in Business Administration, Financial Management or related field. Master’s degree in Development, Administration and/or Project Management, will be desirable.
• At least 6 years of relevant experience in a similar position.
• Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel.
• Advanced Knowledge in software solutions (ERP)
• Proficiency in project management software tools.
• Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Recognized as results-oriented team player who is adaptable to changing business needs and capable of contributing to the team’s success effectiveness.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
• CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the- art R&D background, and is a recent World Food Price Winner and awarded with the Al-Sumait Award for our Orange Flesh Sweet Potato work in Africa.
• CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
• CIP is a member of the CGIAR Consortium, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
What are the conditions?
The position is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position limited to Malawian nationals and permanent residents. The employment contract will be for a one-year term (with a 3-month probation period) and the possibility of renewal.
How to apply?
Visit the following link: http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on April 09, 2018 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short- listed candidates will be contacted.
CIP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). CIP also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply
- Organization: CIP - International Potato Center
- Location: Lilongwe (Malawi)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-04-09