SVN 2018/78 (P) - Information Management Officer (P2) - Juba, South Sudan
Juba (South Sudan)
Position Title :Information Management Officer
Duty Station :Juba, South Sudan Classification Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 09 April 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Congo, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic,
Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Guyana,
Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands,
Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay,
Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Operations and direct supervision of the Information Management Coordinator (Head of IMU), and in close coordination with the CCCM Cluster Coordinator, the successful candidate will take on a double-hatting role primarily as the IM focal point for the CCCM Cluster responsible for planning, coordination, and implementation of information management systems for the Cluster as well as providing information management support to IOM Programme Units in relation to IOM’s humanitarian response to Displacement and to other humanitarian assistance operation in South Sudan. Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Key CCCM Cluster & IOM Programme Units Duties/Responsibilities
• General - The Information Management Officer – a key member of the National CCCM Cluster coordination team – will play a vital role in facilitating and guiding the Cluster and the Cluster lead agency towards a reliable and predictable response through the provision of evidence based strategic and operational information.
• Data Gathering, Tools and Process - Proactively gather information from other Clusters/Cluster-partners/IOM Programme Units that may be of use in informing Page 1 / 4Cluster/Programme Unit decisions. Implement an integrated mechanism for data gathering and information management across all activities to ensure accurate and reliable data is collected, stored for the Cluster, IMU, and PSU consumption.
• Needs Assessment & Analysis - Support and strengthen field assessment mechanisms through the development of standardized data collection forms and tools using Kobo. Organise and manage the data collection, input, cleaning and initial analysis of data for the CCCM cluster and IOM programme units. Identify gaps in data and information relevant to the emergency response and contribute to the preparation of project proposals aiming to address such needs through the Cluster.
• Monitoring & Reporting - Maintain a 4W database and maintain an inventory of relevant Cluster datasets, including population data, funding requirements and contributions as input in to derivative products that meet the needs of the CCCM Cluster and OCHA. Support Cluster reporting against the HRP, SSHF and in other ad-hoc reports. Establish systems to manage high numbers of proposals submitted, for timely feedback to agency, and future use by Cluster. Contribute to the strengthening of existing monitoring and reporting mechanisms with a view of improving data collection and analysis of the trends in the South Sudan context. • Mapping - Develop templates, catalogues and style guides for general map production. Produce Easy maps to support IOM field operations (Sub-offices and Logistic Hubs) as required. Produce maps for CCCM cluster and IOM Programme Units mapping out Cluster and Programme Units interventions to highlight coverage, gaps, and needs by overlaying vulnerability information.
• Visualization & Presentation - Ensure timely preparation and generation of information products by preparing re-useable templates in line with the IOM style guide. Generate pictorial/graphical analysis – graphs, charts, tables and graphics/infographics – to incorporate into snapshots, dashboards and analytical reports on program/cluster achievements. • Inter-Cluster Liaison - Represent CCCM in coordination forum related to information management including participating in Inter-Cluster Information Management Working Group (OCHA) and other relevant working groups.
• Capacity Development - Develop and conduct training modules for Cluster partners on reporting mechanisms as required for the implementation of the information management mechanism including data collection, analysis and dissemination.
• Dissemination - Up-date the humanitarianresponse.info and other cluster/IOM Programme Unit(s) websites with documents, data, and information on humanitarian programme. • Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Media or Social Sciences or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in information management and emergency humanitarian operations; • Experience in the management and coordination of information flows and data management Page 2 / 4including collecting, storing, processing, and analysing data to generate information products; • In-depth knowledge of the latest technological developments in information technology and information systems;
• Demonstrated ability for leadership in the context of partnership building and consensual decision making;
• Proven skills to analyse statistical information;
• Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and operating procedures; • Ability to translate planning and specifications into technical briefs for data capture and analysis, and vice versa;
• Ability to compile and holistically analyse diverse datasets;
• Experience with handling confidential data;
• Demonstrated team building and information management skills;
• Demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies;
• Understanding of relational data theory;
• Advanced data visualization and information design skills.
Fluency in English is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Page 3 / 4How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 09 April 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 27.03.2018 to 09.04.2018
Requisition: SVN 2018/78 (P) - Information Management Officer (P2) - Juba, South Sudan (55419527) Released
Posting: Posting NC55419538 (55419538) Released
Page 4 / 4