Short Term ICT Assistant (Helpdesk Technician)
Takhar (Afghanistan) | Portland
The Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) is OSCE’s principal institution responsible for the human dimension. ODIHR is active throughout the OSCE area in the fields of election observation, democratic development, human rights, tolerance and non-discrimination, and the rule of law. ODIHR’s assistance projects and other activities are implemented in participating States in accordance with ODIHR’s mandate.
The Office requires the services of a Short Term ICT Assistant (Helpdesk Technician) on the full-time basis for a minimum of 3 months and the possibility to extend up to a total of 6 months. The Short Term ICT Assistant, under the supervision of Chief ICT Unit, will be responsible for ODIHR ICT Systems Support, landline and mobile telephony, office automation packages/systems, application delivery and mobile computing.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Providing user advice and help desk assistance for the standard office automation products in use (e.g. E-mail, word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, Internet browsers, workstation operating systems, printers, scanners, OSCE/ODIHR applications etc.) and ensuring that these tools are used in an efficient and appropriate manner.
- Providing user advice and assistance for mobile and landline telephony. Acting as a system support for landline phones and mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
- Acting as system support for the Local Area Network (LAN) for ODIHR including managing user accounts, setting up and managing printers and printer queues, managing email accounts. Developing and maintaining user’s manuals, usage instructions and Standard Operating Procedure documents.
- Assisting staff personally, by phone or via remote access tools with technical and procedural computer problems related to the use of IT equipment and software. Identifying problems and implementing or recommending solutions.
- Maintaining the Service Desk database of user problems, applied solutions, hardware and software assets.
- Installing upgrades and performing maintenance and minor repairs on computer hardware and software for the ODIHR.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Completed secondary education supplemented by technical training in computer science and related coursework;
- Minimum of three years of experience in IT support position, installation and maintenance of advanced office computer hardware and software
- Excellent knowledge of computer communications packages (i.e. Internet-client site), videoconferencing software and equipment;
- Established practical knowledge of the standard Microsoft software packages MS Office and other common office automation software and microcomputer and printer hardware;
- Established ability to identify, analyse and resolve hardware and software problems;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in Polish;
- Knowledge and experience in administration of MS Active Directory and/or MS Exchange services would be an asset;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions, is approximately 5,800 PLN. OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Poland.
Social security will include participation in the Cigna International medical insurance scheme (current approximate deduction for a staff member is 44 Euro)
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://jobs.osce.org
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see http://www.osce.org/states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
No application fees or information with respect to bank account details are required by OSCE for our recruitment process.
Please note that in the event of invitation for interview, the OSCE is unable to reimburse costs incurred.