International Consultant to support Effective Vaccine Management (EVM) process in FSM
Do you have demonstrated experience in supply chain and cold chain management specifically related to Effective Vaccine Management ? UNICEF Pacific would like to hear from you!
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Immunization and Development
UNICEF Pacific supports 14 Pacific Island Countries and Territories (PICTs) in achieving their national immunization goals with an increased focus on strengthening immunization supply chain systems to ensure that potent vaccines are available and are delivered effectively and efficiently. FSM and RMI are two of these countries which are in the Northern Hemisphere part of the Pacific Ocean, close to the Equator. FSM and RMI are widely scattered archipelagos consisting many small islands which are inhabited with populations. With their vast ocean territories inhibited by relatively small and widely dispersed populations, they show unique characteristics in terms of immunization supply chain and cold chain management challenges.
How can you make a difference?
In 2010, WHO and UNICEF launched the Effective Vaccine Management (EVM) initiative to help countries evaluate the current performance of their vaccine management practices against a benchmark of performance standards. For this purpose, an EVM Assessment (EVM A) tool was developed measuring performance standards in nine areas of vaccine management using well-established principles and standards for quality management that are applied throughout the industrialized world.
EVM is a joint initiative by UNICEF and WHO to identify global standards and best-practices for immunization supply chains, help national immunization programmes to evaluate the performance of their supply chains and supporting them to construct and implement improvement plans.
The purpose of this consultancy is to provide technical support to Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) and Republic of Marshall Islands (RMI) in the assessment phase and the improvement planning phase of the Effective Vaccine Management (EVM) process. This work will be programmed in close collaboration and coordination with the Ministry of Health, UNICEF and WHO and other immunization partners.
- Post-graduate degree university degree (or higher) in in supply chain management, industrial engineering, economics, logistics, business, operations management, public health or any other relevant field
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience at the national and international levels, on supply chain management, cold chain management, logistics or operations management and at least 3 years of experience on immunization/public health programmes.
- Familiarity with cold chain systems, effective vaccine management, inventory policies, logistics, outsourcing, segmentation strategies, integration of health products, and other system design strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in developing capacity in the area of immunization supply chain management (iSCM), particularly comprehensive EVM, temperature monitoring, electronic inventory systems, developing iSCM SOPs, experience in conducting training and workshops.
- Detailed knowledge of WHO/UNCIEF recommended vaccine management practices and vaccine management assessment tools.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas.
- Strong interpersonal communication and writing skills, with ability to lead/train a group of individuals and impart knowledge. Skills in adult training methodology are strongly preferred.
- Computer skills, including quantitative analysis and reporting tools
- Experience in the Pacific countries context is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...Solid analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the work place. UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Attached is the UNICEF Terms of Reference for this consultancy (TOR) EXTERNAL TOR_EVM RMI and FSM Consultant.docx
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Pohnpei (Micronesia)
- Grade: International Consultant - Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Supply Chain
- Public Health and Health Service
- Malaria, Tuberculosis and other infectious diseases
- Waste Management
- Closing Date: 2018-04-19