NATIONAL POST: Programme Specialist, Maternal Health/Youth, Mogadishu, Somalia NOC
The Programme Specialist Maternal Health/Youth is located in Mogadishu Country Office (CO) and reports to the Deputy Representative.
Under the direct supervision of Deputy Representative and the technical guidance of the SRH/Programme Manager, the Programme Specialist, Reproductive and Maternal Health (PS/RMH) contributes to the effective management of UNFPA programmes in support of national efforts to strengthen reproductive and maternal health. Key areas supported include Emergency Obstetric and Neonatal Care, midwifery, family planning, cervical cancer control and SRH-HIV integration. S/he will work closely with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC), national partners, development partners and civil society to enhance reproductive and maternal health. Within the context of health system strengthening and financing, the (PS/RMH) analyses relevant political, social and economic environment and trends; provides substantive inputs for the formulation, management, monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of comprehensive maternal health programme related activities.
- Advanced university degree in health, Public health, Sexual Reproductive health, Midwifery or related field;
Knowledge and Experience:
- 3 to 5 years’ professional experience preferably in public health, programme management in the public or private sector, including international development assistance.
- Proven experience in Family Planning, Maternal and Neonatal health including Obstetric Care (essential and EmONC and adolescent sexual and reproductive health and right
- Knowledge and understanding on quality of care, specifically client rights
- Field experience is strongly desirable - Strong track record of technical leadership, and proven ability to produce demonstrable results;
- Understanding of Human Rights dimensions of RH/FP and gender
- Experience in health sector review, especially Sector Wide Approaches, an asset;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English and/or in the relevant language in the region
- Demonstrated ability to network within the academic and development community; Conversant with management and monitoring tools is desirable; Conversant with Information Communication Technology/Enterprise
- Field experience in complex emergencies, including humanitarian emergency response is an asset;
- Fluency in oral and written English is essential;
- Prior experience in the UN system will be a strong asset;
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Mogadishu (Somalia)
- Grade: NO-C, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position - Mid level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-04-19