Learning & Development Internship - Predictive Analytics and Data Visualization
The Integrated Talent Management Unit is responsible for designing strategies, solutions, tools and services that enable and facilitate more effective and impactful people decisions, and help shape a workplace where individuals thrive and teams excel. The Unit includes several service lines e.g. competency management, job design and classification; talent sourcing, onboarding, and succession management; diversity, employee engagement, and staff well-being; performance management, learning and leadership development, and career management. It also includes a distinct service line for internal management consulting which enables strategic positioning, resources alignment and business process reengineering.
The mission of ITM is to enable effective management of UNDP talent through full integration of all aspects of talent management. Such an approach incorporates data from a variety of processes from recruitment, to performance management, learning, and development, and translates it into a coherent ‘employee life cycle' centered around one competency framework aligned with the UNDP Strategic Plan.
In this context the Talent Development Unit (TDU) is a centre of expertise that designs and delivers state of the art learning and development solutions to UNDP staff worldwide. Through the delivery of large scale leadership development programmes; tailored development programmes for key leadership roles; an extensive offering of high quality online courses on UNDP’s core business and professional certification programmes as well as customised development planning and career management tools, it enables and supports UNDP staff to build skills, grow and leverage the power of learning across all areas of work.
TDU’s role is to utilize continuous learning models to create development solutions that solve organizational problems, support organizational performance and engage staff. It is essential that UNDP staff continuously develop their knowledge, skills, experiences and strengths.
Duties and Responsibilities
The purpose of this internship is to support the implementation of the people analytics strategy of Talent Development unit. The intern will support in warehousing Talent Development Data, developing visualization products including Power BI Dashboards and predictive analytics projects.
- Support the development of data collection tools
- Perform quality assurance and deep cleaning of talent development data in complex structures
- Weekly upload of external data to UNDP’s corporate data warehouse
- Monitor the performance of TDU Dashboard in Power BI and its integration status with UNDP’s Data Warehouse
- Assist in developing surveys and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative survey results.
- Assist in developing high quality and interactive dashboards in Power BI with advanced tools and techniques
- Assist in collecting business & technical requirements from TDU Pillars, HRIS, OMIT, HR Business Partners, Talent Development Manages
- Maintain the security layers of TDU dashboards
- Assist in developing presentation materials for team meetings and workshops on the subject of data analytics.
- Support in constructing the business success indicators at both strategic level and tactical level
- Perform advanced analytics in the following areas: Root Cause Analysis, Hypothesis Testing, Interactions/Correlations, Business Optimization Modeling and Strategic Analysis Reporting.
- Prepare training materials on basic statistical concepts and analytical tools.
- Research on industry standard and best practices.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Attention to details;
- Identifies priority activities and assignments;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
- Maintain confidentiality.
Required Skills and Experience
Candidates must meet one of the following educational requirements:
- currently in the final year of a Bachelor’s degree; or
- currently enrolled in a Master’s degree; or
- have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a master’s degree or equivalent studies.
- Sound knowledge in computer skills (eg. website creation), video skills are desirable.
- Knowledge of a least one advanced data analytics tools, such as SAS, R or SPSS, and Power BI are desired. Advanced knowledge of MS Excel is required.
- Fluency in English;
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
- Any individual hired under these conditions are not staff and therefore, are not covered by UN Staff Regulations and Rules;
- UNDP internship programme does not provide a salary or remuneration for the internship;
- All the expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring Government or institution;
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship or for six months immediately following the expiration date of internship;
- The intern must provide proof of enrollment in health insurance plan;
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity;
- Only those students who will return to their studies upon completion of their internship assignments are eligible.