Consultancy - Front-end Developer (UI/UX), ICTD New York
New York City (United States of America)
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a connected world
The overarching strategic goal of UNICEF's ICT Division (ICTD) is to transform and build partnerships with our stakeholders to successfully implement UNICEF programmes globally through the use of innovative technology-enabled solutions. The Solutions Centre and Support section of ICTD translates business requirements into new solutions and services.
How can you make a difference?
This consultancy will be for a period of 11 months and may be based UNICEF’s New York Headquarters or off-shore.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, mock ups for custom web and mobile applications
- Create graphic resources for websites and applications
- Assist in usability testing and other user experience research methods to gather user needs or feedback
- Assist in the development and documentation of UNICEF KM design system
- Assist in the design and development of SharePoint page templates
- Assist in the development of web parts for SharePoint publishing sites
- Other web design/development-related tasks, as requested by the KMS unit manager or Section Chief.
The skills and experience required for this assignment are:
- Bachelors or Engineering Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years of related experience designing wireframes and high-fidelity comprehensive mockups for web & mobile platforms, custom applications, user interface controls, data visualizations, using tools such as Sketch, InVision or Adobe creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- 3+ years web design experience in a corporate or large non-profit setting
- Deep understanding and practical hands on applying usability, user experience and user-centered design concepts
- Experience in designing, coding, testing, documenting, and deploying global and highly complex solutions based on system and user requirements
- Experience with Git versioning system
- Hands-on experience using task automation tools such as Gulp or Grunt and continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, TravisCI, etc.
- Exposure to Azure and SharePoint Online services layer (.NET, CSOM, JSOM, and Rest APIs), and SharePoint Designer and master pages is desirable
- Ability to be a self-starter and to work with minimum supervision
- Self-taught technical skills and willingness to learn new things
- Able to manage multiple projects at the same time and to handle tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently in a multi-cultural and gender-sensitive environment.
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.