PROGRAM OFFICER GENDER EMPOWERMENT
Atlanta (United States of America) | United States
At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2016, CARE worked in 94 countries and reached 80 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
CARE is seeking a Program Officer for the Tipping Point Project who will serve as a support member of the Gender Justice team within the Program, Partnerships and Learning (PPL) Unit based in Atlanta, USA. The Tipping Point project is an exciting multi-country initiative focused on addressing child, early, and forced marriage (CEFM). For more information on the project check out: https://caretippingpoint.org/
The Program Officer will be responsible for programmatic, operational, financial, events, and administrative support to the Tipping Point project. The Program Officer will be responsible for the successful execution of day to day team operational needs, including but not limited to coordinating meetings and event planning (logistics, set up IT, etc.); maintaining team file and knowledge repositories and online platforms; managing consultant contracts and procurement and human resources processes and supporting financial reporting and tracking.
The Program Officer develops and maintains systems for supporting the management of sub-projects and is responsible for supporting the tracking and reporting on project deliverables, of grants and contracts, including budgets under the Tipping Point project. The PO contributes to the successful achievement of project goals and objectives, while working both independently and as part of a team. She/he will also be responsible for providing backstopping support to other programming initiatives in line with the Tipping Point project priorities as necessary.
The Program Officer will work directly with all the Tipping Point project team members as well as colleagues in teams based in Bangladesh and Nepal, and will collaborate with other units, departments and staff such as finance, procurement, and grants management to ensure smooth coordination of the team with other parts of the organization. The Program Officer will keep up to date in general knowledge and understanding of the Gender Justice unit’s programming and priorities, and will be able to represent the Gender Justice (GJ) unit and its activities to other CARE departments and external agencies and individuals. The Program Officer requires proficiency in grants and project management skills and tools.
- Organization and Maintenance of project and task management systems
- Operational and Administrative Support and Coordination
- Supporting the Project Director with Donor Stewardship
- Financial Tracking Support
- Meetings and events coordination and support
- Supporting Communication, Information and Knowledge Management
- Contracts management
- Gender Justice unit membership
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience in operations and administration support
- 1-3 years of experience in coordinating and/or managing multiple projects or processes simultaneously
- 1-3 years of experience in financial tracking (invoices, event budgets, etc.)
- 1-3 years of work experience in logistics, operations, and/or events planning, administrative & programmatic support roles
- Ability to envision what needs to be done and conceptualize an approach for how to get it done in in a timely fashion while maintaining quality
- Superior organizational skills
- Events planning experience
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English
- Project coordination and management skills and expertise, detail oriented
- Expertise in budget planning, management and reporting
- Demonstrated teamwork coordination and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with others across countries and cultures and develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Capability to develop and manage consultants and vendors contracts and scopes of work
- Demonstrated high degree of flexibility in managing changes to scope, resources and timelines
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills;
- Expert ability to identify, mitigate and/or escalate issues and risks
- Ability to influence without direct authority and obtaining win-win situations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Peoplesoft financial software and project management software such as Wrike, MS Project or Asana for project plan development, management and reporting
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CAREUSA&cws=52&rid=4200
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.