Administrative Clerk / Driver at UNDP Country Office
Under the general guidance of the Operations Manager and direct supervision of the Administrative Associate, Administrative Clerk/Driver provides administrative/logistics support and safe driving services to UNDP.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of administrative and logistical support
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle, day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
Provision of administrative and logistical support:
- Dispatch and receipt of incoming/outgoing mail, pouch processing;
- Preparation of routine correspondence and official letters;
- Receipt of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UNDP shipments, arrangements for shipments;
- Provision of logistical support relating to premises and equipment maintenance, replenishment of office supplies;
- Provision of support in organization of conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Provision of support in arranging travel and hotel reservations;
- Assistance in preparation of invoices and any documents required for payment processing;
- Assistance in filing and archiving of all forms/documents related to the UNDP vehicles usage;
- Support in maintenance of files and records in Administrative Unit.
Provision of reliable and safe driving services:
- Driving office vehicles and providing transportation to authorized personnel;
- Delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
- Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required;
- Accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs and vehicle history records;
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by the UN rules and regulations and national legislation are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Proper use of vehicle, day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle:
- Timely minor repairs, arrangement for major results, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing;
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- Ensures safe-keeping and security of the assigned vehicle as per UNDP policies and procedures in accordance with the Annex I “Main Requirements of Usage and Safekeeping of UNDP vehicles” to this Terms of Reference.
Performs any other tasks assigned by the Supervisor and Operations Manager
- Job knowledge and technical expertise: good knowledge of administrative work, ability to draft documents, review data, identify and adjust discrepancies; excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair; excellent knowledge of protocol and custom issues;
- Delivery: organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities; accepts responsibility for the outcomes of his/her own work; shifts from one task to another to meet multiple support needs; meets goals and timelines;
- Communication: understands assignment instructions, seeks clarity and guidance when needed, represents self and work with appropriate professional standards, Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education. University degree is an asset;
- Valid driving license;
- Minimum 1 year of clerical/administrative experience;
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience as a professional driver with an organization, safe driving record, skills in minor vehicle repair;
- Previous work experience with an international organization is an asset, but not a requirement;
- Computer literacy (Word, e-mail, basic Excel);
- Fluency in Russian; good knowledge of English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Minsk
- Grade: SB-2, Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement - Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2018-05-06