Business Support Assistant(Air Movement) SC4 - Amman
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Post-secondary certificate in air traffic control, flight dispatch, aeronautical engineering or related field is essential for Air Operations roles, desirable for Air Movement roles.
Experience: At least four (4) of progressively responsible experience including at least two (2) years’ experience in the related functional filed and general administrative work.
Language: Fluency (level C) in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English languages.
Knowledge & Skills:
Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word. Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision. Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals. Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention. Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall supervision of the Chief Air Transport Officer (CATO) and the direct supervision of the Aviation Assistant based in Amman, Jordan, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Inform the passengers at the airport of the opening of the check-in
- Supervise the G handling workers at the luggage area
- When equested by the crew,inform the JO-Petroleum and supervise the refueling; check before/after index, sign the fuel slip and hand the pink copy to the PIC
- At the check-in counter, assist the passengers to handle the luggage (removing old bag tags)
- Check regularly during the check-in the lugguage in working area and number of lugguage already registered
- When check-in closes, inform the Aviation Assistant of the number of luggage actually on the trailer ready to be send to the aircraft.
- Follow up with the G handling workers to send the luggage to the A/C
- Prepared PFR to the PIC and inform the engineer to be present when loading
- Control of the baggage tags while loading the Luggage in the A/C
- Control the loading of light cargo if any
- At the foot of the A/C, inform the pax to prepare and show the BP to the FA and make sure that pax are boarding one by one
- Inform the UNHAS team about the ATD afetr the airborne.
Perform any other duties that assigned by the supervisors.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
01 May 2018
- Organization: UN WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Operations and Administrations
- Trade and Development
- Administrative support
- Public, Private Partnership
- Closing Date: 2018-05-01