Local Monitor (Construction) for development projects in Tavush Region
Integrated Support to Rural Development: Building Resilient Communities” is being implemented in borderline communities of Tavush Region of the Republic of Armenia with the financial support of the Russian Federation. The overall goal of the project is to ensure balanced development of Tavush region of RA through an integrated socio-economic approach. The project aims at raising the quality of life and income level of the local population in 45 borderline communities of Tavush Region.
Within the scope of the project a number of construction works, including infrastructure rehabilitation are envisaged in the communities of Tavush Marz as per its community development plans prepared/to be prepared in the framework of the project. To ensure the progress of construction works is duly monitored, the project seeks support of an individual consultant to perform duties of a construction monitor.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and the direct supervision of the Project Manager the Consultant should monitor construction works being implemented in the communities of Tavush region within the scope of the Project.
The incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Monitor the progress of construction works through frequent visits (1-2 visits weekly) to construction sites;
- Prepare construction site visit reports and document the progress with respective photo materials and other augmenting visuals, if any;
- Prepare and present a final report regarding each completed construction task;
- Control and monitor the timelines of construction works and ensure its compliance with design layouts;
- Constantly examine and check completed construction works, both qualitatively and quantitatively;
- Monitor, measure and certify with photo documentary any construction work, which needs to be covered by construction materials;
- Control the quantity of construction materials;
- Identify the issues related with implementation of construction works;
- Prepare and present to the Project Manager any amendments and/or additions/omissions in the implementation of construction works;
- Closely collaborate with the Project’s experts.
Expected general outputs:
- Monitoring of on-going construction works in Tavush Region;
- Preparation and submission of respective monitoring reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Strong work ethics and high moral standards
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, ability to work with team
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful situations
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in the field of civil engineering or other related fields
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in performing similar tasks
- Experience in drafting reports and documents
- Driving experience (Driver’s license-category B)
Language Skills and other Skills:
- Fluency in Armenian is required (written and oral). Knowledge of English language is an asset.
Note: Tavush Region residents are encouraged to apply. The incumbent must own a vehicle and/or should arrange his/her own transportation around the region at his/her own expense.
- Payments will be conducted monthly based on the number of days worked per month and submission of a reports (both individual visits and monthly summary reports);
- Evaluation of delivered output is the responsibility of the Project Manager;
NDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS WILL BE EVALUATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING METHODOLOGY:
Candidates will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of the applicants' technical qualifications, experience and financial proposal. The contract will be awarded to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as technically responsive/compliant/acceptable to the requirements of the ToR and received the highest cumulative (technical and financial) score out of below defined technical and financial criteria.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
Technical Criteria - 70% of total evaluation - max. 70 points
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation - max. 30 points.
Note: The financial proposal is all-inclusive daily fee and shall take into account various expenses incurred by the consultant/contractor during the contract period (e.g. fee, health insurance, and any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services). All envisaged travel costs must be included in the financial proposal.
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION.
- UNDP Personal History form (P11): http://www.undp.org/content/dam/undp/library/corporate/Careers/P11_Personal_history_form.doc.
- Copy of Driver’s license
- Financial Proposal and Availability form : OFFEROR’S LETTER TO UNDP
- General Conditions of Contract is available here: http://www.undp.org/content/dam/undp/documents/procurement/documents/IC%20-%20General%20Conditions.pdf.
Note: Please note you can upload only one document to this application (scan all documents in one single PDF file to attach).
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Yerevan
- Grade: National Consultant - Locally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Administrative support
- Architecture, Building and Property Management
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-04-26