The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
Operating since 2004 in Lebanon, DRC has addressed the needs and rights of vulnerable populations, working initially with Palestinian refugees (since 2004), Iraqi refugees (2007-2010), Lebanese IDPs (during the 2006 conflict), migrant domestic workers (since 2009) and, since 2011, responding to the Syrian refugee crisis.
DRC Lebanon is currently delivering programming in protection, housing, infrastructure, basic assistance, livelihoods, and community development interventions. This myriad programming seeks to address the immediate needs of displaced populations and concurrently support vulnerable host populations. DRC has five offices spread throughout Lebanon in, Beirut, the Bekaa, Saida, Tripoli and Qobayat.
In Bekaa you will find one of the most historical places in the world such as the Baalbak temple. It is also a safe and relaxing environment but at the same time very close to Beirut.
About the job
DRC is looking for an experienced Trainer provider (individual/organisation) to provide individual coaching and training on beauty care services to the identified MSMEs in Bekaa, Lebanon for a period of 1 month (12 working days). The service provider will have to develop and conduct individual coaching session with 2 MSMEs to train them on new skills in beauty care services.
Under the direct supervision of DRC livelihoods manager, the trainer will be responsible for :
• Conducting a technical needs assessment on beauty care services for each of the 2 MSMEs previously supported by DRC in sectors like: Barber for men, hairdressing shop for women
• Developing a tailored learning plan for each businesses based on the assessment on skin cleaning, Laser machine, Nails care, make up
• Conducting 8 one-to-one coaching sessions of 2 to 4 hours for each business with the businesses managers;
• Reporting on a regular basis to the livelihoods manager on progress towards learning objectives and sharing attendance sheets.
The topics to be covered during the coaching session are but not limited to:
• Training on new technics of skin treatments; nails care, make up, etc.
• Training on laser machine (the Service provider must be able to provide this type of machine for the training)
• Review the business model of the business and advise accordingly on marketing strategies, services provided, product used, supply of goods and materials, etc.
The Trainer will be expected to provide the following deliverables:
• A brief inception report (1 to 2 pages) identifying the methodology
• A learning plan for each business with detailed of coaching session
• Delivery of 16 coaching sessions with attendance sheets;
• Brief final report
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a bachelor degree in Aesthetic Laser technician/ Dermatologic. Moreover, we also expect the following:
• Previous experience in conducting individual coaching for micro-businesses;
• Previous experience in delivering beauty care service trainings;
• Strong beauty care services background.
• Previous experience with NGO work is a plus
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 12 working days
Level: As per the SOP
Duty Station: Bekaa
Start date: May 2018
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Consultants; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo
under current vacancies.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email to Dolene Khairallah will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 1st of May 2018
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.