Protection Assistant (Case Management) - National Contract
We are looking for highly qualified Case Management Assistant for our Protection program in Kahramanmaras, Turkey.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
About the Job
The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more specific objectives focusing both on immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long term focus on capacity building. DRC works with beneficiary communities and individuals to prevent and reduce protection threats, and build resilience.
Duties and Responsibilities
General Responsibility (35%)
- Abide by and promote DRC’s code of conduct, vision, and values, aims & objectives and equal opportunities policy
- Engage with beneficiaries on a daily bases in a respectful manner
Represent the DRC protection team when requested
Coordination and follow-up responsibilities: (40%)
- Understand and follow up on activities, provide solutions and report issues when needed
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships, with relevant stakeholders including community leaders and members and partnering organisations
- Follow DRC Standard Operation Procedures for vulnerability assessment and assistance
- Refer protection cases to relevant partners; including updating relevant databases on referrals and feedback
- Carryout case management/IPA (including follow up on referrals and action plans) in accordance with DRC protocols
- Manage individual protection cases, including maintaining strict protocols for confidentiality and consent
Update case files on individual developments, following DRC Data management protocols and ensuring beneficiary data is protected;
Human resources responsibilities: (5%)
On the job training and coaching of volunteers on different topics but prioritizing: minimum protection standards, consent and confidentiality standards and how to work with community based protection strategies
Financial/Administrative responsibilities: (5%)
Assess procurement needs in coordination with the Officers and Senior Field Management
Monitoring and Reporting responsibilities: (15%)
- Contribute to CM\IPA monthly report
- Propose new activities according to identified needs in the community
- Participate in the post-assistance monitoring
Any other duties related to the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor.
To be successful in this role, you must University degree with advanced training/courses in Social work, sociology, psychosocial, or other related field.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- At least 1 year work experience (in paid or voluntary capacity) in NGO or voluntary sector
- Experience with case management protocols desirable
- An understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in Turkey and the region
- Experience working in the field (preferably experience from Southern Turkey)
- Understands rights and protection issues of refugees, children and women - experience working with Syrian refugees is an advantage;
- Proven communication, interpersonal, representation, negotiation, promotion and diplomacy skills,
- Level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required.
- Arabic is essential (Turkish and English are an asset).
- ** Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position**
Please note that you need to have the right to work in the country (by nationality or existing work visa) to be considered for this role.
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills
- Strong initiative and self-motivation, with a commitment to teamwork
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others
- Ability to multi-task and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, in Arabic
- Must be able to additionally communicate in either Turkish or English
- Experience working with Case management
- Trained in offering psychosocial support
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 7 months’ contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 15 May 2017 and be willing and able to work in Kahramanmaraş.
This position is on grade 3 and net salary will be between $909 and $1,000 depending on previous experience in similar positions.
We offer a fair compensation package depending on your qualification and experiences as well as additional allowances such as relocation allowance and living allowances, if applicable. DRC Turkey is income tax exempted.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 04 May 2017. Due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will be done on the rolling basis and DRC reserves the right to recruit before the deadline.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact HR team at email@example.com.
Please note that applications sent directly to HR team will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Kahramanmaraş (Turkey)
- Grade: Level not specified
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Administrative support
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2018-07-23