Chief Communication, Partnerships and Resource Mobilization, P4, Fixed Term Appointment, Lebanon Beirut #99174
UNICEF Lebanon is looking for a communication, private sector fundraising and partnerships advisor, accountable for supervising, developing, managing and co-ordinating an advocacy, communication and fundraising strategy, with the objective of promoting awareness, understanding, support and respect for children’s and women’s rights, and general and financial support for UNICEF's mission, priorities and programmes in the country office.
For every child, a champion!
UNICEF Lebanon is looking for a communication, private sector fundraising and partnerships advisor, accountable to maximize private sector income. The incumbent is also accountable for supervising, developing, managing and co-ordinating an advocacy, communication and fundraising strategy, associated products and activities on an on-going basis with public audiences, with the objective of promoting awareness, understanding, support and respect for children’s and women’s rights, and general and financial support for UNICEF's mission, priorities and programmes in the country office.
How can you make a difference?
Fundraising and partnerships (Corporate and Private Sectors)
- Ensure that LCO has a continuously updated, long-term fundraising strategy, aligned with the advocacy and communication strategy and LCO’s Communication Section Work Plan, with the aim of maximizing income and brand exposure.
- Plan, develop, advise, strategize and implement LCO’s fundraising efforts that take into account local and regional markets and target audiences.
- Promote new partnerships, working with UNICEF colleagues at HQ (PFP), regional and local level, to identify partnership and resource mobilization needs and broker resource mobilization agreements to meet those needs.
- Expand UNICEF’s network of key interlocutors to build stronger relationships between UNICEF and governments, other key-decision makers, regional development institutions, foundations, the private sector, international financial institutions and/or relevant constituencies.
- Ensure that LCO has a cutting edge portfolio and products that appeal to potential and current partners, donors, the private sector and National Committees.
- Identify additional and innovative channels for private sector fundraising, communication and brand usage and act quickly and timely on opportunities.
- Provide guidance and build fundraising capacity of communication/LCO staff; document, build and share knowledge to optimize work. Ensure appropriate focus on fundraising in annual work plans and budgets, with information on plan, implementation and outcome.
- Strengthen existing fundraising channels and form new ones; also beyond cash income, to promote child rights in business practices. Infuse a child rights perspective in policies and practices of all partners.
Management and capacity building
- Develop a work plan for communication and fundraising activities, monitor compliance and provide support and guidance to ensure objectives are met.
- Plan, manage and monitor the use of communication and fundraising budgetary resources. Ensure communication and fundraising effectiveness, efficiency and delivery as well as a rigorous and transparent approach to planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Identify, recruit and supervise staff, technical resources and consultants as necessary.
- Ensure that the Representative/Senior or Regional Communication Chief and the country programme team are provided with professional expertise and advice on all aspects of external relations, communication and fundraising as required
- Support communication and fundraising activities through knowledge management, information exchange and building capacity of the country communications team.
- Assist the Communication Officers in the development of communication/fundraising tools and/or strategies.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen the capacity of partners through appropriate advocacy and communication training.
- Ensure that the Lebanon Country Office has a clear communication strategy and associated work plan to support the country programme objectives and get children’s issues into the public domain, strengthen political will in support of UNICEF's mission and objectives, and enhance the organization’s credibility and brand.
- Ensure that UNICEF’s rights- and results-based programming approach is appropriately reflected in the communication strategy, work plan and products.
Maintain close collaboration with the Regional Office and HQ on communication issues to ensure effective overall coordination and synergy, best practices and up-to-date theory and knowledge.
- Ensure that the an effective process is in place for integrating and taking action on UNICEF’s global communications and fundraising priorities and campaigns.
- Support the UNICEF global communications objectives and strategies through development of complementary country specific and local community materials and activities.
- Develop and deploy country office communication capacity to gather/facilitate the content and coverage of relevant country efforts.
To qualify as a champion you will have…
- Advanced university degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, and or in Business Management, Marketing or Social Sciences.
- Or an undergraduate degree plus at least 12 years of demonstrated professional experience in the field of journalism, communications, external relations, fundraising and partnerships, public affairs, public relations or corporate communications.
- Eight years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in communication, print, broadcast, and/or new media and or fundraising/corporate communication, marketing, PR, project management, brand management including work with the corporate sector, particularly in creating large scale corporate partnerships, ideally at international level.
- Knowledge of current theories and practices in fundraising/marketing and or corporate communication and experience with commercial marketing and communications/fundraising is a distinct asset.
- Knowledge and experience of Corporate Social Responsibility is a plus.
- International work experience and knowledge of the UN system is an advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge or understanding of Arabic is preferred, although not a requirement.
For every child, you demonstrate...
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence”
Candidates will not be considered if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation or sexual abuse, or crimes other than minor traffic offences, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Beirut (Lebanon)
- Grade: P-4, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Mid level
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Communication and Public Information
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-07-20