School Health Supervisor
Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) invites all qualified candidates to apply for the following position. SCA actively promotes and encourages Women and People with Disabilities to apply
Title of Position:
School Health Supervisor
Number of Positions:
One person (Male or female)
The position is project Based
Salary and Benefits are according to Internal SCA salary scale
Non-monetary Benefits for Females:
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development programmes concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,500. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
School Health program is a part of health program some schools to be selected in the province where the BPHS is implementing. This initiative is inspired to do screening of the school students for different kinds of diseases and also to do some small repairs in the schools. The School Health Supervisor is responsible for planning, organizing, facilitating, implementing, supervising and monitoring of these schools. He will work in close cooperation and coordination with other relevant unites for successful implementation of the project.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in related professional field and Medical Doctor from recognized university
- 2-3 years’ relevant experience in education, Health, Training and community mobilization, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organisation.
- To do screening of the school’s students
- Arrange a proper medicine for first Aide services in each school
- To ensure enough supply of medicines and plan for re supplying in advance.
- Develop and follow an action plan to establish and supervise schools.
- Coordination of school health program with school principals and other authorities
- To conduct school Health committee meeting at each school
- Supervises that school health program is going on according to the plan.
- Supervise the construction, greenery and other activities of the schools belongs to school health program
- At least 75% of time should be in field
- Provide health education to the students
- Assesses the training needs of selected school Teachers
- Conducts on job training specially in the beginning of the of the project
- Trains selected school Teachers in first Aide and Hygiene
- Conducts workshops and seminars for selected schools’ teachers when needed
- Act according to the policy and regulations of SCA and SCA health directives
- Keep updated with issues related to SCA and the environment where SCA operates
- Promote an attitude of team spirit and a strong focus on quality of health services
- Develop good co-operation with SCA units, authorities, institutions and other NGOs
- Do related jobs as delegated by the line manager.
Tasks of inter organizational relation
- Promotes gender equality, non-discrimination with regard to ethnic, political and religious background
- To participate in workshops, seminars & conference organised by the Health programme
- Promotes good coordination with other SCA projects, all PO units
Tasks of relation with external agencies
- · Maintain good cooperative relation with the national and provincial authorities, CDCs, UN agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders
- · To participate actively in ensuring broad understanding and acceptance by local communities of the Laghman BPHS project and SCA in general
- · To actively ensure community participation in Laghman BPHS project
- To actively contribute to the successful development and good reputation of SCA
- To do any other duties assigned by the line manager
- Values, Accountability and Integrity
- Take responsibility for own work and honestly seeking to achieve organizational and personal objectives. groups.
Ambitious and Creative
A commitment to growth and making difference in the lives of other through innovative ways
Builds and maintains effective relationships with team, colleagues, approachable, diplomatic, and supportive with developed listening skills.
Good communications skills.
Flexible/having positive attitude.
Fluency writing and Oral Pashto and Dari.
Good Coordination skills
- Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office packages.
- Fluency in English and Dari and/or Pashto, both written and spoken
- Interpersonal, Supervisory, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience of planning, reporting
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCA environment.
- Honest, proactive and well mannered.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV to email@example.com
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Application without proper job number/post title and after closing date will not be accepted.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
© Copyright 2015 Swedish Committee for Afghanistan
- Organization: SCA - Swedish Committee for Afghanistan
- Location: Baghlan (Afghanistan)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Public Health and Health Service
- Education, Learning and Training
- Closing Date: 2018-05-07