Programme Associate (Turkish Nationals Only)
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women's rights at the centre of all its efforts, the UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States' priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
UN Women in Turkey is working to strengthen refugee women and girls and their access to opportunities, rights and services, as required by international treaties and national legislation. “Strengthening the Resilience of Syrian Women and Girls and Host Communities in Iraq, Jordan and Turkey” is an integrated programme (referred as Refugee and Response Programme (RRP) that targets both displaced Syrian women and girls and host-country nationals across Iraq, Jordan and Turkey. The programme works through a multi-dimensional strategy that will: i) enable women’s empowerment through addressing issues of economic vulnerability and violence by increased access to recovery and livelihood opportunities, paired with comprehensive protection services and support to national justice structures to promote accountability for violence against women, and ii) promote a culture of peace and co-existence through supporting women to lead and engage in peacebuilding, reconciliation and conflict prevention. Bearing in mind the importance of involving men in work on gender equality and women’s empowerment, the programme will engage men as partners, champions and advocates for women’s increased empowerment, including their engagement in the labour market.
Reporting to initially ECA RO Program Specialist or to delegated Programme Manager the Programme Associate works with and provides support to the members of the RRP team in the development and implementation of effective programme consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. S/he contributes to effective programme implementation, including providing necessary operational, administrative, financial and programmatic support. Under the supervision on the ECARO’s delegated Programme Manager, the Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the Turkey Programme Presence in Ankara and UN Women RO as required for resolving complex finance, operations and programme-related issues and exchange of information.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of the Refugee and Response Programme (RRP)
- Provide support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements;
- Provide operational support to the ECA RO Program Specialist or to delegated Programme Manager on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances;
- Prepare information for the audit of the programmeand support implementation of audit recommendations;
- Maintain project files
2. Provide support to the financial management of the RRP
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and ensure the operational and financial closureof the programme, as applicable
- Provide administrative support to the ECA RO Program Specialist or to delegated Programme Manager in monitoring budget preparation and financial reports of the RRP including the finalization of FACE forms;
- Review financial reports; prepare non-PO vouchers for the RRP
- Process payment for consultants; · Maintain internal expenditures control system;
- Create requisitions in Atlas
- Assist in the preparation and follow up of cost-recovery bills in Atlas.
3. Provide support to the ECA RO Program Specialist or to delegated Programme Manager in Refugee Response Programming
- Provide support and monitor all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Make travel arrangements for the RRP team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Prepare public information materials and briefing packets;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations;
4. Provide administrative support to Resource Mobilization
- Prepare cost-sharing and other agreements; follow up on contributions within the PP resource mobilization efforts;
- Organize, compile and process information from donors, RO/HQ and RRP team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
5. Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support, synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to the RRP management, operations and finance;
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the project staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and accurate support to events, workshops, and missions;
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Timely recording of overall programme unit finances;
- Timely and accurate tracking of data for CO management and donor purposes;
- Quality maintenance of internal systems.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good knowledge of programme management;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
- Strong financial and budgeting skills; · Strong IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/support;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Experience in the use of ATLAS or similar ERP system is an asset;
- Experience in supporting a team.
- Fluency in English and Turkish are required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.