Team Leader / UN Women LIBERIA Joint Programme Evaluation
The Joint Programme on Rural Women Economic Empowerment (JP RWEE) is a global joint program implemented in seven countries: Ethiopia, Guatemala, Kyrgyzstan, Liberia, Nepal, Niger and Rwanda. The programme seeks to secure rural women’s livelihoods and rights in the context of sustainable development and the post MDGs and has four (4) key components, namely: 1) Improved food and nutrition security; 2) Increased income to secure their livelihoods; 3) Enhanced leadership and participation in rural institutions and in shaping laws, policies and programmes; and 4) gender responsive policy environments for the Economic empowerment of rural women. In Liberia, the JP RWEE has been implemented in six counties in Liberia: Grand Bassa, Margibi, Maryland, Montserrado. River Gee, and Sinoe.
The Programme was signed in 2014, began operations 2015 and was set to close in end of April 2018. At this point JP RWEE programme continuation is under consideration by another donor and an end of programme evaluation was planned at this point.
The JP RWEE National Steering Committee in Liberia is co-chaired by the Minister of Gender, Children and Social Protection (MGCSP) and the UN Resident Coordinator and comprises of Head of Agencies of the UN partners: WFP, FAO, UN Women, and the Minister of Agriculture (MOA) and the Minister of Commerce and Industry (MOCAI).
The Programme is led by UN Women, with the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection as the lead Ministry responsible for the joint programme coordination and implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for delivering the key evaluation products:
- Lead the conceptualization and design of the evaluation, the coordination and conduct of the field visit and the shaping of the findings, conclusions and recommendations of the final report;
- Design and present the Inception report outlining the design, methodology and required resources and indicative work plan of the evaluation team;
- Assign and coordinate team tasks within the framework of the TORs and during all phases of the evaluation process;
- Ensuring the quality of outputs and application of methodology as well as timely delivery of all products;
- Direct and supervise evaluation team member on research and analysis of secondary evidence, project documents, databases and all relevant documentation;
- Coordinate the conduct of data collection, present preliminary findings and prepare draft and final reports.
- Bear the overall responsibility for the evaluation process, methods and final results.
- Demonstrates consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
Diversity and inclusion:
- Treats all people with dignity and respect; shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, cultural and religious differences; encourages diversity wherever possible.
Drive for Results:
- Sets high standards for quality of work; monitors and maintains quality of work; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way;
Working in Teams:
- Acts as a team player and facilitates team work.
Required Skills and Experience
Advanced University degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in a relevant Social Science (Public Administration, anthropology, agricultural economics, development studies, food security, Business Administration, International Relations or relevant area).
- At least 7 years of work experience in management (public or private sector), programme development, UNDAF development processes, joint programming or other related fields
- Strong technical competence in gender and women's empowerment agenda
- A strong record in designing and leading evaluations; gender sensitive evaluation certification or experience preferred.
- A detailed knowledge and familiarity of the UN, its programming processes and coordination mechanisms. Work experience in UN Delivering as One context would be an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience in applying, qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods; In-depth experience and excellent knowledge of Results-based management
- Data analysis skills;
- Process management skills such as facilitation skills;
- Experience in gender analysis and human rights (e.g. expertise in women’s economic empowerment; rural agricultural development will be considered an asset).
- Fluency in English.
Language: Strong written and spoken skills in English