UNICEF is looking for Chief of Health, who will be responsible for the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Health Programme in the Kenya Country Office.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a champion:
How can you make a difference?
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Medicine, Public Health, Pediatric Health, Health Research, Global/International Health, Health Policy and Management, Environmental Health sciences, Family Health, Biostatistics, Socio-medical Sciences, Health Education or Epidemiology.
*A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of ten years of relevant professional experience at the national and international level in planning, programming, implementation monitoring and evaluation of Health Programmes, including those relevant to child survival and development. Professional work experience in a managerial position is obligatory. Experience in knowledge management, gender mainstreaming or a filed relevant to international development assistance in Health would be an asset.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
Leading and supervising (III)
Formulating strategies/concepts (III)
Relating and networking (III)
Deciding and initiating action (III)
Persuading and influencing (II)
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Nairobi (Kenya)
- Grade: P-5, International Professional - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2018-05-15